Hi. My question concerns the infamous CA roster and model numbers. The pistol I want is on the roster, for example, model number 12345. That's all that is listed on the roster. The pistol is sold with different suffixes, for example, 12345 ABCD or 12345 ABYZ. The roster does not list any suffix for this model pistol, simply 12345. The pistol is the same, however one model, ABCD, has high cap mags, the other, ABYZ, has 10 rounders. Does that mean that if I purchase the high cap mag model without the mags (just the pistol) that I am good to go? Technically there is no distinction on the roster between the 2 models, i.e. it's still pistol 12345, since no suffix is mentioned on the roster, would that be correct? Thanks for any insight.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Question about Model number suffix and roster
Collapse
X
-
Question about Model number suffix and roster
All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale
"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."
---ARegularGuy
NRA Patron MemberTags: None -
No, you are not good to go. The model with the 15 round mags is not CA compliant, even if purchased without the mags.
What gun and model are you asking about? Standard capacity mags might not be the only difference if its a newer gun. A loaded chamber indicator and mag lock might be the difference between the 2 models in addition to the mags.Last edited by Nor*Cal; 03-09-2013, 7:38 AM. -
Thanks for the reply. The model is XD9401 on the roster. That is all that is noted on the roster. The suffix, (is that simply the package, i.e. holster, no holster, etc?) Is XD9401 HCSP06, vs those for sale in ca with 10 round mags XD9401 SP06. The roster does not note suffixes. For that matter, the only place the suffix is noted is on the box, not the pistol. What would be the difference if I simply bought the pistol by itself? That's my thought. Some folks don't keep their Tupperware. Thanks.All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale
"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."
---ARegularGuy
NRA Patron MemberComment
-
FYI, I got an answer from an ffl that if the sku is on roster and you have the proper mags you are good.All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale
"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."
---ARegularGuy
NRA Patron MemberComment
-
Like Nor*Cal noted above often times there are other physical differences in the guns themselves that would make it impossible to "renumber" the box to the right number. If there is no physical difference then you are GTG, if there is you are screwed. I know that there was an issue with Springfield on one of the TRP models, they changed grips and DOJ said that was not on the roster so now they include both but the proper "roster" grips must be on the gun or else it is an issue.
The roster is poorly organized and it pisses me off every time I try to look something up, I think they do it on purpose. Some guns have a description but no model # and some have a model # but no description and it is often hard to cross reference.Comment
-
^This, I agree they did it on purpose. Another way to discourage gun ownership...Comment
-
Who is supposed to check if there is a physical difference? The FFL doing the transfer? I've been trying to get Springfield MC Operator, which I have seen for sale at local gun stores (just not at decent prices). I've found one on a forum but it has a product number of PX9105MLP, but its only listed on the roster without the P as PX9105ML. Is that safe to bring in?Like Nor*Cal noted above often times there are other physical differences in the guns themselves that would make it impossible to "renumber" the box to the right number. If there is no physical difference then you are GTG, if there is you are screwed. I know that there was an issue with Springfield on one of the TRP models, they changed grips and DOJ said that was not on the roster so now they include both but the proper "roster" grips must be on the gun or else it is an issue.
The roster is poorly organized and it pisses me off every time I try to look something up, I think they do it on purpose. Some guns have a description but no model # and some have a model # but no description and it is often hard to cross reference.Comment
-
The FFL is ultimately responsible for making sure that your model is approved, I believe that during the process of DROS they select the model through their software (non approved models are not in there).Who is supposed to check if there is a physical difference? The FFL doing the transfer? I've been trying to get Springfield MC Operator, which I have seen for sale at local gun stores (just not at decent prices). I've found one on a forum but it has a product number of PX9105MLP, but its only listed on the roster without the P as PX9105ML. Is that safe to bring in?
In your case you are good to go, P just designates that it is the package that includes the holster/mag holster so buy with confidence.Comment
-
FYI, XD tactical from out of state is now in jail. It must have shown up on the list during DROS, so this can be done. The box even has the "not legal in California" sticker. Keep in mind I had to have at least 1 10 round mag, the seller would not send the hi caps, even as kits.All posts dedicated to the memory of Stronzo Bestiale
"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."
---ARegularGuy
NRA Patron MemberComment
-
Roster sucks!Sorry, not sorry.
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,213
Posts: 25,145,525
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,513
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 37931 users online. 67 members and 37864 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment