Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm – Need Feed Back

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GunHo
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 1088

    Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm – Need Feed Back

  • #2
    LightsOut!
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 2503

    Do it! You don't need to do anything to it, though you can change out the polymer guide rod to a stainless steel. It's true what they say, it's one of the most underrated pistols, or Sig's best kept secret. It is definitely up there in the top 5 of polymer pistols. I've shot over 2000+ rounds through mine, and have yet to have any problems. Maybe a few FTE here and there, but that's just my ammo. I'm not sure if you shot a Sig before, but like my friend who is a Glock shooter, it took some time for him getting used to. After practicing and putting a few hundred rounds through mine, I've become very accurate with it and especially acquiring multiple targets. I love mine... no regrets. I use mine for HD though and at the range. It's fun. For your first polymer handgun, I would recommend it over its competitors, but it depends what you'll use it for.

    Bead blasted slide, SS guide rod w/ new Sig blue recoil spring, polished barrel, Meprolight night sights, Hogue HandAll grip, Streamlight TLR-4, etc.
    Last edited by LightsOut!; 03-08-2013, 1:34 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      GunHo
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1088

      Very nice. I like what you did with everything; it has that mean tactical look. I have the Sig P226 40 in full stainless steel and I did change the guide rod to SS, so I may do the same with the SP2022. Yes, i'm familiar with the Sig feel and have become used to the snappy recoil, but then again, this is on my sig 40, which I don't anticipate will have the snappy feel. Thanks for the extra encouragement. The look, price, and ergonomics is a win for me.

      Comment

      • #4
        aca72
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 3250

        If it's a SIG, it must be good. I mean really good!
        It is the best selling SIG ever.
        I say go for it.
        Long live CALGUNS!

        Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

        Comment

        • #5
          LightsOut!
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2012
          • 2503

          Thanks! You should be fine then. Yep, I got mine for a steal at $479+tax/dros on sale at Turner's with the free Sig Sauer CPL (laser) before this madness. Such an awesome gun for the price.

          Comment

          • #6
            rman
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 2267

            I just got one myself, with nite sights, $549 in 9mm

            Have not shot it yet, but it's a sig


            Sent from my Apple Android
            Last edited by rman; 03-08-2013, 4:16 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              jwh
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2013
              • 84

              Great pistol. Mine had light scratches on the slide stop lever when I got it brand new. Not sure if its common or just mine.

              Comment

              • #8
                painterguy
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 8

                I purchased one also from all the good reviews i read on it in 9mm.

                I paid $499.00 + tax and DROS for mine and it is a night sight model.

                Comment

                • #9
                  GunHo
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 1088

                  $499 is a great deal, especially with night sights. I guess $529 at Reeds is the best i found. Most gun shop in nor cali is cleaned out.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ocog2181
                    Member
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 211

                    Get a 226. BOOM!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GunHo
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 1088

                      Originally posted by Ocog2181
                      Get a 226. BOOM!!
                      I have the 226. Double Boom...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jwh
                        Junior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 84

                        Originally posted by GunHo
                        $499 is a great deal, especially with night sights. I guess $529 at Reeds is the best i found. Most gun shop in nor cali is cleaned out.
                        I noticed the prices in NorCAL gunstores are higher than those in SoCAL. Guns also seem harder to come by up here compared to down there. Just looking at the sales section on this site, all the nice guns are down south.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          LightsOut!
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 2503

                          Nice... love the 226's... so smooth and crisp.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            GunHo
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 1088

                            Originally posted by lightsout323
                            Nice... love the 226's... so smooth and crisp.
                            Thanks. All my other guns are similar; stainless steel color, all metal, heavy, and full length barrels. That's why i'm looking for my 1st, light weight, short barrel, polymer pistol.

                            Originally posted by jwh
                            I noticed the prices in NorCAL gunstores are higher than those in SoCAL. Guns also seem harder to come by up here compared to down there. Just looking at the sales section on this site, all the nice guns are down south.
                            I notice that too. Maybe it's easier to get guns in south cali.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              GraySquirrel
                              Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 100

                              One complaint I've heard is that field stripping it is a lot harder compared to a Glock. Personally, I don't find it hard at all.

                              Another is that magazines are expensive and hard to find. I have to agree here especially for 9mm.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1