Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Picked up my G29 Today :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Z ME FLY
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 6590

    Picked up my G29 Today :)

    Hey everyone!
    I am so happy, I just picked up my G29 today! I went to the range in Vacaville to go shooting.

    I have a question, it's probably just me. I was shooting the bullseye target from about 15-20 feets since this is my first time shooting the g29. I can hit the middle bullseye with almost every shot but when I move it out more, I seem to shoot down and to the right? I tried to use my trigger finger a different way. Any Calguns guys going to a range soon that would like to help me out?

    Thanks!
    Originally posted by 69Mach1
    The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

    Originally posted by 69Mach1
    Z gets around. lol
  • #2
    HighValleyRanch
    Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 420

    are you shooting left handed?

    Comment

    • #3
      Z ME FLY
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2008
      • 6590

      No I am shooting right handed. This isn't my first time shooting either but I am no expert at this. I have shot the G20 along with glocks and xds in 9mm, .40, .45 and didn't have a problem with the shooting.
      Originally posted by 69Mach1
      The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

      Originally posted by 69Mach1
      Z gets around. lol

      Comment

      • #4
        tiko
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 866

        I shoot my M&P ok at 10 yards ( 2" group) but when I move the target to 25 yards then the group expand direct proportionly to 5 ".
        Do it yourself.

        Comment

        • #5
          Z ME FLY
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2008
          • 6590

          Originally posted by tiko
          I shoot my M&P ok at 10 yards ( 2" group) but when I move the target to 25 yards then the group expand direct proportionly to 5 ".
          Hey Tiko,
          I sent you a PM about your question. I guess maybe I just need some practice with my G29 and I plan on taking a class or two so I get learn more of the basics.
          Originally posted by 69Mach1
          The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

          Originally posted by 69Mach1
          Z gets around. lol

          Comment

          • #6
            aplinker
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2007
            • 16762


            Google Map of OLL Dealers

            List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
            Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
            This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.

            Comment

            • #7
              Greg-Dawg
              Banned
              • Oct 2006
              • 7793

              Taking a class is key.

              But also consider that you have a subcompact Glock with a barrel length of 3.78 in. Subcompacts are more meant for close contact defense, therefore the range is more effective under 7 yards...in real life situations.

              You can keep practicing 15-20 feet all day long and may hit your taget. Also, the 10mm recoil may play in a factor also.

              Have fun at the class!

              Comment

              • #8
                Z ME FLY
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2008
                • 6590

                Taking a class is key.

                But also consider that you have a subcompact Glock with a barrel length of 3.78 in. Subcompacts are more meant for close contact defense, therefore the range is more effective under 7 yards...in real life situations.

                You can keep practicing 15-20 feet all day long and may hit your taget. Also, the 10mm recoil may play in a factor also.

                Have fun at the class!
                Hey Greg thanks for the info because the 15-20 feet is where I am hitting my target and then I push it out a little more and then my targets are way off. It was my first time shooting the G29, I have shot the G20 before but I do plan on taking the NRA Basic Pistol class

                I did have loads of fun shooting!
                Originally posted by 69Mach1
                The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                Originally posted by 69Mach1
                Z gets around. lol

                Comment

                • #9
                  Greg-Dawg
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 7793

                  It's all about fun baby!

                  Thanks for the insight on the 10mm...I'm thinking of picking up the G20 later this year.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Z ME FLY
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 6590

                    Yeah the recoil isn't bad at all, when you get the 10mm go to doubletap for the HD/SD ammo and georgia arms "canned heat" for the practice ammo.
                    Originally posted by 69Mach1
                    The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                    Originally posted by 69Mach1
                    Z gets around. lol

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Bucc
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 1035

                      The recoil is not too bad in a G29.
                      I was surprised actually.
                      That class will help a good deal.
                      Have fun.
                      Keeper of unpopular views.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Maton
                        Member
                        • May 2007
                        • 350

                        low and left(rt handed shooter)

                        You probably have a little bit of a flinch at the very end of your trigger press. This is the most common culprit of low and left, try some snapcap drills, once you hit a snapcap analyze yourself... if the muzzle dips you know you are anticipating the shot/recoil. That's my advice. If you need me to elaborate further just send me a PM. The other calgunners here can vouch for my credentials. Good shooting and remember practice perfect makes perfect.-Tony
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1