Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Glock 19 FDE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PachecoFTW
    • May 2010
    • 1422

    New Glock 19 FDE

    So I got a brand new G19 in FDE from a Great Calgunner and Freind last mont in a trade. So I recentley took it to the Range and fired over 250 rounds of Ball mix of S&B FMJ Brass Jacket 115 grn, 124 grn, and 147 grn. They all fed perfectley NO issues. I said well Glock really does live up to its name.
    So I was told by other friends to baby it or trade it off for some thing super expensive i said F no I going to shoot it until it breaks. Below are S**** iphone pics of the residue.

    [IMG]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y403/PachecoFT

    /4_zpsac1556da.jpg[/IMG]





    The Real Issues I had were with Hollow Points. I shot 20 Hornady Z-Max 115grn, 10 Winchester PDX bonded 147 grn, Remington Golden Sabre 147 grn, and Fiocchi 93 grn All Copper Bullet. These aforementioned feed like a Dream. Then I fed 115 grn and 124 grn Fiocchi HP with nickle casing about 150 of them. They will fail to feed on the last round in every magazine that i have tried. they always hang up in the feed ramp WTF? So I was thinking f just shooting all the rest I have of that crap what does Calguns say?

    Also I though it might be the Wolff SS guide rod with spring but the stock guide rod did the same when i swapped them and fired. Also upon inspecting the casing the Fiocchi left like yellow sand in the barrel, casing, and frame but I forgot to take a picture. From my perspective Fiocchi is crap.


    Then I tried to feed the same Fiocchi this morning in different mags again (Lone Wolf Dis). They hand up even when not firing will post pics. Sorry for S**** iphone pics I am too lazy to charge camera.
    Last edited by PachecoFTW; 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM.
  • #2
    PachecoFTW
    • May 2010
    • 1422





    Comment

    • #3
      PachecoFTW
      • May 2010
      • 1422





      Comment

      • #4
        PachecoFTW
        • May 2010
        • 1422




        Comment

        • #5
          Gio
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2008
          • 10251

          Nice!
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

          Comment

          • #6
            bsg
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 25954

            congrats on your new Glock.

            i recently read (on Calguns) about another Calgunner's similar experience with Fiocchi ammo; a "sandy" residue left on internals of his pistol after shooting.

            Comment

            • #7
              Claybone
              Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 178

              Weird . sad to hear at least you know that if you have to use it you better speed reload and keep it feed. lol any how is the barrel factory as far as you know? maybe a botched attempt at polishing it? Seems like the business end of the round (opening of the "hollow point") is getting hung up on the lip of the feed ramp.

              Comment

              • #8
                Jake25
                Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 250

                It's the 10 round mag, the follower is too low/ not enough tension to bring the last round up. I have a thread on this myself. I don't use 10 round mags for home defense, don't trust them.

                The other thing I have yet to try is to try more rounded JHP like Winchester Ranger T series or Winchester PDX1(sounds like PDX1 is going to work). I have this issue with Speer Gold Dot 124gr and Federal HST 147gr

                Comment

                • #9
                  LightsOut!
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 2503

                  nice

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Claybone
                    Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 178

                    Ranger T works great, and that follower issue pissed me off when I had trouble adding my lone wolf +2 .40 only one round fit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      PachecoFTW
                      • May 2010
                      • 1422

                      Originally posted by Jake25
                      It's the 10 round mag, the follower is too low/ not enough tension to bring the last round up. I have a thread on this myself. I don't use 10 round mags for home defense, don't trust them.

                      The other thing I have yet to try is to try more rounded JHP like Winchester Ranger T series or Winchester PDX1(sounds like PDX1 is going to work). I have this issue with Speer Gold Dot 124gr and Federal HST 147gr
                      This is what I am thinking as well I do not know what kind of mags Lone Wolf shipped me well Glock of course but they came in a box no wrapping or nothing and they are all polymer with steel insert walls but on the mag catch cuts there no exposed steel like the rebuild kits that were provided with the G19.

                      So I think the new glock mags suck I bought Six of them oh well.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        PachecoFTW
                        • May 2010
                        • 1422

                        Originally posted by Claybone
                        Weird . sad to hear at least you know that if you have to use it you better speed reload and keep it feed. lol any how is the barrel factory as far as you know? maybe a botched attempt at polishing it? Seems like the business end of the round (opening of the "hollow point") is getting hung up on the lip of the feed ramp.
                        Everything is factory I got it Brand new essentially It was in the FFL when I did the background not my friend. The only thing I changed was Factory Slide Stop for Glock Extended, Guide Rod with Spring. So I popped its cherry and everything.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          PachecoFTW
                          • May 2010
                          • 1422

                          Originally posted by bsg
                          congrats on your new Glock.

                          i recently read (on Calguns) about another Calgunner's similar experience with Fiocchi ammo; a "sandy" residue left on internals of his pistol after shooting.
                          Thanks also if you have links I would like to read up some more this is the first time I used Fiocchi, and again so far it sucks.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BoJackUSMC
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 7091

                            Nice

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Apec
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 1363

                              Nice score. I want to find a FDE 4th gen, but I figure I'm probably late to the game.
                              WTB:
                              Emerson SOCFK-A

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1