Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

30 Day Hiatus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • California44
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2012
    • 1092

    30 Day Hiatus

    Does the thirty-day hiatus period begin on my previous DROS application date or on my pick up date of my previous DROS'd handgun?
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44689

    The only date CA knows about is the DROS date.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      Librarian
      Admin and Poltergeist
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 44689

      Originally posted by California44
      When I'm in this 30-day period, can I to a PPT?
      Except in the City of Los Angeles, PPT is exempt from 1-handgun-in-30.
      ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

      Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

      Comment

      • #4
        Hdawg
        Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 460

        Originally posted by Librarian
        Except in the City of Los Angeles, PPT is exempt from 1-handgun-in-30.
        I am not a lawyer or any kind of a legal expert, but I do consider myself fairly knowledgeable about gun laws. Doesn't California have a firearms pre-emption law?
        Originally posted by CitaDeL
        Ante up or anti up. You decide.

        Comment

        • #5
          ke6guj
          Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 23725

          Originally posted by Hdawg
          Doesn't California have a firearms pre-emption law?
          yes they do, but it isn't absolute. It doesn't cover every facet of CA gun law.

          And even if LA's 1-in-30 law violated the preemption laws, it is still the law until someone sues to get it tossed.
          Jack



          Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

          No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1