Hi, There is a S&W model 36 for sale (ppt qualified). The bluing is in great shape. It is clean and comes with a holster only. It only has a very small nick on the wood (almost missed it myself) and a slight turn ring. It looks like it operates nice and smooth The seller is firm at $400. Is this a good value to buy? Thanks
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
S&W model 36
Collapse
X
-
S&W model 36
Tags: None -
If you like it, buy it. You can't go wrong with a 36.
WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder
"I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."
Ollshooter32
[/I] -
If it helps its serial is J120xxx.Comment
-
its not a steal but it is the going rate, maybe slightly less.www.culinagrips.com
"custom grips for shooters by shooters"Comment
-
Thanks everybody. Somebody else bought it. The seller was selling it at an estate sale and stated that the county had made him sell it at the appraised price of $400. So I figured that on top of DROS and ppt dealer fee, the county would have insisted on collecting the sales tax as well. That would have raised it to about $470 out the door.Last edited by cobracommander1991; 01-13-2013, 2:50 PM.Comment
-
I bought a gun from the same estate sale yesterday and there was no sales tax other than the transfer fee's collected at AlquistComment
-
-
That's good to know. I know how ppt and DROS work and their fees. I just didn't want any hidden surprises after committing to purchase. Well at least I learned something new for next time.Comment
-
My PRE 36... just a teaser...
Attached FilesLast edited by biogenic; 01-13-2013, 4:46 PM.WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder
"I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."
Ollshooter32
[/I]Comment
-
-
WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series
"If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder
"I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."
Ollshooter32
[/I]Comment
-
The Mod. 36 Chief is a sweet gun. My father owned one he bought before I was born. It had an unusual 3 inch barrel. It was the first gun I ever shot. I was about 6 years old. I bought a US Customs trade-in from "Old Sacramento Armory" about 18 years ago for my wife. It's been a great gun. Definitely a S&W classic!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,401
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13136 users online. 42 members and 13094 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment