Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig Sauer 1911 Tac Ops

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jrod201182
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1

    Sig Sauer 1911 Tac Ops

    I was wondering if anyone here knew what made a Tac Ops not California compliant? I am in the market for one and keep seeing this as one of the specifications and did not want to start getting my hopes up about getting one if I can not get one! I appreciate any help that can be provided! Happy holidays!
  • #2
    BREACH
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2012
    • 94

    Originally posted by Jrod201182
    I was wondering if anyone here knew what made a Tac Ops not California compliant?
    Politics



    You can still get one in CA, but will have to find a private buyer willing to sell, or work with an FFL to get a SSE (single shot exemption)

    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

    Comment

    • #3
      FUBAR
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 2453

      No LCI and no mag disconnect safety.

      Comment

      • #4
        Quip
        Banned
        • Apr 2012
        • 123

        Great gun. I love mine.
        Last edited by Quip; 12-21-2012, 6:55 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          WWDHD?
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2728

          As far as I know any new or recent model or version of 1911-type pistol will never get on to "The List" in CA because of the lack of a Loaded Chamber Indicator or a magazine disconnect (as noted by FUBAR). I'm not aware of any manufacturer trying to engineer these features into a 1911-type pistol. Lots of 1911 fans probably wouldn't buy one with these features anyways. All the 1911's currently on the list are grandfathered in from before these features became mandatory and will fall off the list if the manufacturer does not pay to renew with the state.
          There are some models of 1911's made by Sig that are on the list but also lots that aren't. My guess is that the most common SSE conversion would be for a 1911 pistol so it shouldn't be too difficult to get an off-list Sig that way.
          The Sig 1911's sure look like a nice pistol so good luck getting the one you want. Simply ridiculous we have to jump through these hoops in CA to get a pistol that is commonly available anywhere else.
          NRA & CRPA member
          semi-docile tax payer
          amateur survivalist

          Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

          Comment

          • #6
            Quip
            Banned
            • Apr 2012
            • 123

            I was just at Poway Weapons and Gesr and they have a Sig 1911 TACOPS that's for sale. No SSE either per the manager. I might just pick up another.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1