Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ria 1911-a1 cs sights

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kris smith
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2058

    Ria 1911-a1 cs sights

    So I got this 1911a1cs and its a great gun but these sight sucks balls what kind of work does it take to get em replaced can I do it myself or do I need to take the slide to a smith ? Btw I want night sights
    sent from the depths of my subconscious
  • #2
    MA2
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1129

    I say take it to a smith, because the front sight for the G.I.'s are stalked on (not that easy without proper tools).
    Optionally, you can have the smith cut the front to dovetail as well, and you will have more choices on sights. <-I would go this route.

    Comment

    • #3
      InGrAM
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 3699

      Replacing narrow tenon front sights is a PITA. I would ship it or take it to a qualified smith to have the front sight dovetailed. Then you can choose whichever kind of night sights you want.

      Comment

      • #4
        kris smith
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 2058

        Ok so any recomeneded 1911 smiths in San Diego ?
        sent from the depths of my subconscious

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1