Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

20 years seaching !! Finally got it !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • monorailboy
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 1229

    20 years seaching !! Finally got it !!

    20+ years ago i did an absolutely rediculous move by trading my beloved Browning Hi-Power for some crapy electronic parts. I regreted that day for 20 years and 20 years later and an exhaustive search, coupled with California's lovely gun laws, I finally have replaced her with an identcal mint condition Hi-Power. Siver Chrome with Gold Trigger....extremely hard to find...especially with the ftf PPt requirement !!

    Last edited by monorailboy; 11-19-2017, 11:24 AM.
  • #2
    NorCalXJ
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 3992

    congrats on getting get back.
    Terminal Lance

    Comment

    • #3
      socal619
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 52

      Looks like brand new, good job for sure!

      Comment

      • #4
        Oceanbob
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2010
        • 12720

        The Hi Power is an incredible handgun and way ahead of its time. Congrats!

        I love my old blue one.

        Remove the magazine safety and the trigger gets sweeter....(at your own risk)
        Last edited by Oceanbob; 12-06-2012, 4:43 PM. Reason: mag
        May the Bridges I burn light the way.

        Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

        Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

        Comment

        • #5
          Firerescuebatt07
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 2378

          big congrats brother... thats a beauty to be had for sure... love the looks of the browning

          Comment

          • #6
            Dakine_surf
            Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 384

            Wow that sure is purdy...

            I have never seen one like this before... not that the blued ones are ugly... but damn if the ol browning doesn't clean up nice. Thanks for sharing, think I might need to add this to the "list." is there a specific model number that denotes this color scheme?

            Comment

            • #7
              ironram
              Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 143

              And my wife still alittle mad at me for letting it go but it worked out for the both of us hope you enjoy it. She'll get over it with a replacment lol.

              Comment

              • #8
                Lumpia is sarap!®
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 2267

                Reunited and it feels so good!
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  glockwise2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 2534

                  Congrats on your find. Now, never ever let go.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    OldShooter32
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 2065

                    Sold mine in the 70's and kick myself whenever I think of it. Like now.
                    "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals."

                    Walnut media for bright brass
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kylemurdoc
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 1008

                      Congrats! Nice pistol, I've never seen that color combo.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Freq18Hz
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 1243

                        Beautiful pistol.


                        -Freq

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dls
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 2598

                          I need to get a nice Hi-power one day. I think it's one of the must haves in a well rounded collection.
                          The chair is against the wall...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ironram
                            Member
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 143

                            Originally posted by Dakine_surf
                            Wow that sure is purdy...

                            I have never seen one like this before... not that the blued ones are ugly... but damn if the ol browning doesn't clean up nice. Thanks for sharing, think I might need to add this to the "list." is there a specific model number that denotes this color scheme?
                            sil/chrome gold trigger

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              monorailboy
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 1229

                              thanks everyone !! I will never let this one go. This is the Silver/Chrome model with gold trigger from 1991.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1