Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&w 629-1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ragemachine
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 566

    S&w 629-1

    I have an older s&w 629-1, 4 inch, stainless, 44 mag. I have been doing research on the gun. What does it mean when I read "California pre-lock"? Thanks for any info...
  • #2
    1000stars
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 879

    The new s&w revolvers now has an internal lock to lock the action with a small key.
    sigpic
    NRA Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      anothergunnut
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 1819

      It's just "pre-lock", nothing to do with California. By describing it as a 629-1, it lets people know certain things about the gun; all 629s are stainless steel 44 mags, the dash 1 tells about the specific engineering features which include that it is "pre-lock". You could go to the S&W forum to find the engineering changes that the dash numbers indicate.

      Because the -1 is not on the roster, you would have some limitations on selling the gun if you desire to do so. They're nice guns and would sell quickly here if you price it right.
      Check back later for a witty comment.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ragemachine
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 566

        Thanks for the info, I bought the gun when I was young. It is the best for hiking, camping, and so on.... it is my favorite gun to carry.

        What is the difference in shooting mine 44mag. And the same gun in a 45?

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1