Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colt 10mm in SACTO!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Roboshred
    Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 260

    Colt 10mm in SACTO!

    Well kind of. Today I picked up a Colt 1911 enhanced 40 s&w
    (lnib) and will have a 10mm barrel fitted for it. I paid under $1000
    for it but was more than willing to get a some what scarce Colt
    in a chambering you rarely see. I'll post pics when I pick it up. Do any of you own a pistol like this? RB
    "here we are now, entertain us"
  • #2
    Brass Balls
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 541

    Neat gun especially after you make a 10MM out of it.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

    Comment

    • #3
      stealthgoat
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 26

      No, I would like to have one!

      Several guys at Pistolsmith.com have mentioned that you can put a 9x23 /Super upper on that frame and it will feed really well.

      Comment

      • #4
        Schlamoo
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 985

        Very cool! Boy I guess I need to get around to the shops more often! And do tell were did you find such a thing? Have fun with it. And you said you wanted my Colts, looks like your doing fine on your own.......

        Comment

        • #5
          Roboshred
          Member
          • Mar 2003
          • 260

          You speak words of truth

          Originally posted by Schlamoo
          And you said you wanted my Colts, looks like your doing fine on your own.......
          Yours words are true however, I spent my wad on this gun and Don's 625. I need to broom some long guns I never use and need to buy some 40 sw as this
          will be my first gun in this chambering. RB
          "here we are now, entertain us"

          Comment

          • #6
            461
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2003
            • 619

            I know where you could offload one of those 9mm 1911's if you needed some quick cash. ;-)
            -Tim-

            Comment

            • #7
              Schlamoo
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 985

              461, I know where one of those 9mm's better head if he decides to let it go. Its Colt brothers miss thier friend..... Again Robo enjoy your new gun! Who are you going to have fit your 10mm barrel?

              Comment

              • #8
                Roboshred
                Member
                • Mar 2003
                • 260

                Probably

                Originally posted by Schlamoo
                461, I know where one of those 9mm's better head if he decides to let it go. Its Colt brothers miss thier friend..... Again Robo enjoy your new gun! Who are you going to have fit your 10mm barrel?
                Craig Maraviov, I will shoot it in generous portions prior to the new fitting. I'm thinking we need another group shoot before spring has fled so we can share our
                recent acquisitions. The newest 9mm hasn't been fired yet which just seems wrong. Brett and Tim, I'll let you both know how it shoots.
                "here we are now, entertain us"

                Comment

                • #9
                  461
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 619

                  Nice, real nice, just twist the knife a little bit at a time.
                  -Tim-

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Schlamoo
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 985

                    Craig does nice work from what I have seen. He did a trigger repair on my Detonics when he was still over at Davis and last summer he did a small repair job on my Bro-in-laws Colt. 461, are you looking for a 9mm, I think I saw a Springfield at a shop about 2 weeks ago in the Sacto area.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      461
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003
                      • 619

                      Yeah I'm interested in one, but I'm saving up for it as I told my wife I wouldn't use household income for guns until I got a better job (Stoopid). I'm about halfway there and just don't want to sell more guns to make it happen right now.
                      -Tim-

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Roboshred
                        Member
                        • Mar 2003
                        • 260

                        he's in good hands

                        Originally posted by 461
                        Yeah I'm interested in one, but I'm saving up for it as I told my wife I wouldn't use household income for guns until I got a better job (Stoopid). I'm about halfway there and just don't want to sell more guns to make it happen right now.
                        I only live about a mile from him so he can come by and massage mine till
                        he's off restriction.Then It will turn into a race to see who buys all the ammo at WalMart.
                        "here we are now, entertain us"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          461
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2003
                          • 619

                          Plenty of stuff to massage over here, matter of fact I pulled a couple of old friends out that haven't had a lot of play lately just to get reaquainted. I'm thinking I need a range trip.
                          -Tim-

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1