I have read reviews of this pistol and where un impressed but looking for a good reasons to diswade my adult son. This will be his first firearm. Sorry just can't stop being a Dad.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
FNH 5.7 any comments
Collapse
X
-
Some love it, some hate it. Most are indifferent. The main advantage of the 57 is its large capacity(neutralized in CA), AP capabilities(civillans get a neutered version) and lightweight. As a first handgun, probaly not the best of choices as its expensive(buy once cry once?) but more importantly the ammo is scarce and expensive. Not much aftermarket support either as its a niche gun.Comment
-
Handled and shot one before. Nice gun, fun to shoot, but definitely not for me. I wasn't a fan of the ergonomics, it's expensive, and ammo isn't exactly plentiful. There are far better choices for much less money. I agree that for civilian uses, it's more of a novelty item than anything.Comment
-
Agree. Piss poor choice for first pistol. The ammo is way too expensive for it to be practical. What's the point in having a pistol you can't afford to shoot often enough to be proficient?Comment
-
Great gun. Very light recoil, very fun to shoot, kinda like an expensive 22lr pistol. Downside is ergos are someting to get used to, ammo is hard to find and relatively expensive. Probably not my first choice for a handgun.Comment
-
I have one. I like it. I have found ammo easy to find/buy. I have many handguns and I would not suggest it as a first one. Get a 9mm/40S&W/45acp/38sp/357mag where the ammo is cheaper and the pistols are cheaper to buy.A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society memberComment
-
-
I own one and agree with all the posts above except M03 - that is not a valid reason. If it were, no one would buy Glocks-
TheNekoComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,158
Posts: 25,145,020
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,525
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 36313 users online. 113 members and 36200 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment