Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Joining the darkside

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jbk
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 957

    Joining the darkside

    I have always been a 1911 guy, but lately i have been wanting a glock. Tomorrow i will be going to a local gun store and ordering a glock 17. I want to hear from other 1911 guys who purchased glocks about their opinions. Thanks in advance.
  • #2
    1911su16b870
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2006
    • 7654

    I love the 1911. I also love the Glock pistol design. I carry/use a 21 almost daily. I also own a few G17s. Nothing beats a 1911 trigger. My G21 has a stock and well used trigger that is really nice but not as nice as my 1911s.
    "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

    NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
    GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
    Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
    I instruct it if you shoot it.

    Comment

    • #3
      acolytes
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 1914

      The 1911 is my fun gun. The Glock is my SHTF gun.
      Buy from Amazon? Use this link to shop and earn money for CGF at the same time!

      Comment

      • #4
        Bug Splat
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2007
        • 6561

        1911's are for show, glocks are for work. I feel sorry for those that have to go into battle with a 1911. They are not high use guns by today's standard. I have never seen a 1911 go over 10,000 rounds without needing new parts. Beautiful gun and fun to shoot but its still 100 year old design and we have made better pistols since.

        Comment

        • #5
          edwardm
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1939

          Both have their pros and cons, and I own both. If someone said "Here comes SHTF, pick one *right now*!", I'd grab the 1911 and be quite happy. I could list what I like and dislike about each platform, but that's very personal and probably not wholly relevant to anyone else.

          My pros and cons cover topics from fit and feel, controls, to the detail stripping & reassembly process. One thing I will say is that I'd feel better using an empty 1911 as a club than an empty Glock.

          Comment

          • #6
            AE102
            Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 223

            Got a 1911, but wanted a polymer as well, so since I like the grip angle of a 1911, I just jailed a XD9. Can't stand the grip angle/look of a Glock. Both can be used for a SHTF situation

            Comment

            • #7
              CJJohn
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 1216

              I LOVE 1911s.............And swore I'd never own a Glock..........Now it's my weapon of choice. It's simple, always works, has shot everything I ever fed it, and I trust it. I have several of each, and in a SHTF scenario I would take a glock, but would miss my 1911s!

              Comment

              • #8
                Moto
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2011
                • 854

                Best decision you can make,
                Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

                Comment

                • #9
                  CrippledPidgeon
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 1765

                  I've said it before, but while I love my 1911, if I could only have a single firearm, and only be able to buy parts to repair it, I'd stick with a Glock.

                  While I can detail strip an M1911, I don't think that I could do anything in regards to properly installing and tuning a trigger.

                  The Glock, on the other hand, I can not only detail strip, but perform all parts replacements with just a pin punch and a flat-head screw driver.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bask
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 77

                    If you had to use a handgun in a situation, better in be a clock then your 1911..

                    The police can take the plastic, leave me my 1911..

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      fighterpilot562
                      I’m Ugly and I’m Proud
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 47071

                      Dont do it OP! But congrats. Never really liked shooting glocks personally.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        den888
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10520

                        I owned 1911's since the late 80's. Shot a friend's G19 in 2009 and became hooked. I own 1911's and Glocks.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          INFAMOUS762X39
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 1458

                          I am a 1911 fan as well, but if your into Guns you have to have at least a Glock in your collection. You can't go wrong for the price! Just buy Ammo/Magazines and Master your Grip/Trigger Pull.

                          I love my Glock 19, I just recieved my new sights in the mail should be fun!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            1911Luvr
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 1824

                            Originally posted by Bask
                            If you had to use a handgun in a situation, better in be a clock then your 1911..

                            The police can take the plastic, leave me my 1911..
                            This is exactly why I bought my M&P40 for my nightstand. I don't want to lose one of my custom 1911s because I had to shoot some POS burglar- if it came to that I'd sue his family for the cost of replacing it after the cops take it.
                            I voted against Obama before it was cool.

                            Originally posted by 1911Luvr
                            I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              1911Luvr
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 1824

                              Originally posted by jbk
                              I have always been a 1911 guy, but lately i have been wanting a glock. Tomorrow i will be going to a local gun store and ordering a glock 17. I want to hear from other 1911 guys who purchased glocks about their opinions. Thanks in advance.
                              I suggest you try the M&P if you are a 1911 guy. The grip angle is much closer to the 1911 and for me personally, I find it points naturally for quick target acquisition.
                              I voted against Obama before it was cool.

                              Originally posted by 1911Luvr
                              I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1