Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question on HSC and borrowing gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • racerx2oo3
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 67

    Question on HSC and borrowing gun

    I suspect I know the answer but wanted to confirm. If I wanted to let my father-in-law borrow my new SP-01 for a range session (without me being in attendance), it seems like he'd need a HSC? This in spite of the fact that he already owns numerous pistols/rifles/shotguns (just hasn't bought a pistol in recent years). Is this correct? If so, then like most of our gun restrictions, it's brain dead.
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    yes, it is correct.
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      Speedpower
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 2238

      Don't let him borrow your SP-01, you'll be hating if he scratched it!

      Comment

      • #4
        racerx2oo3
        Junior Member
        • May 2012
        • 67

        Originally posted by Speedpower
        Don't let him borrow your SP-01, you'll be hating if he scratched it!
        Haha, maybe I shouldn't let him borrow it just so that he continues to enjoy his current pistols. Although I have to admit, his Python is really sweet.

        Comment

        • #5
          Euphoria526
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 3812

          Originally posted by racerx2oo3
          Haha, maybe I shouldn't let him borrow it just so that he continues to enjoy his current pistols. Although I have to admit, his Python is really sweet.
          Duh.
          Completely different class of pistol!!!
          Damn you and your sp01 snatching ways.
          Originally posted by Jimi Jah
          I punch paper only because it is illegal to punch people.
          Originally posted by elpaisa1
          I think flatulence is a more serious crime. I think it should be a misdemeanor with a 1000 dollar fine or 6 months of jail. It should be a felony if done near an open flame.

          Originally posted by Euphoria526
          I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself

          Comment

          • #6
            racerx2oo3
            Junior Member
            • May 2012
            • 67

            Originally posted by Euphoria526
            Damn you and your sp01 snatching ways.
            Yep. Saw it. Bought it. Couldn't be happier!

            I previously owned a cz-75 compact, the sp-01 is so much better, and I loved that compact.

            I'm only an average shot, but the SP-01 makes me look like I actually know what I'm doing.

            Comment

            • #7
              whipkiller
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2009
              • 3461

              Originally posted by racerx2oo3
              Yep. Saw it. Bought it. Couldn't be happier!

              I previously owned a cz-75 compact, the sp-01 is so much better, and I loved that compact.

              I'm only an average shot, but the SP-01 makes me look like I actually know what I'm doing.
              It's a wondereful thing, ain't it? That's why I love mine.
              Too many hobbies, Too little time.

              Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

              Comment

              • #8
                Jacfourteen
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 83

                Unfortunately, you are correct. Just another way the state can hose you out of another $25...

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1