Edit
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Edit
Collapse
X
-
9 times out of 10 it becomes an issue of limpwristing it. G23 is a fine piece of kit.Comment
-
+1 to that.
You have to ride a G23, or it will ride you... especially w/ the hotter rounds.
Stay w/ std. 180's, get your hand as high on the grip as humanly possible, and then croak it like it owes you money.
You should be good to go.Comment
-
Have you tried letting someone else shoot some of the same ammo through it that was causing you issues, just to rule out the "shooter" factor?I have a brand new glock 23 that i bought in early october that keeps having failure to extract? or eject? issues. When I got it, I didn't clean it and with 50 rounds of 180gr magtech I had about 7 fte. Then with my buddys mix of reloads (about 100 rounds fired) no problems whatsoever. Then I cleaned it and with 100 rounds of 165 gr american eagle I had about 5 fte.
I dont think im limpwristing as there have been times where I have a deathgrip on it and it still has a fte or 2. i dont think the mags are an issue as they are brand new ones that came with it.
So far i feel very disappointed with the issues of this g23, as it only has 250 through it. I feel like I want to get rid of it if the problems are not fixed. Also it is my first 40sw. I have a glock 17 that has never had any issues so I don't know what the deal is.
So, oh wise calguns what should I do about all this?
edit:Sorry for the giant pictures
I am not sure where you're located at, but if you're in the LA area and can bring to one of our monthly shoots (Burbank, or LAX), I can take a look at it for you. I have seen something similar involving JHP ammo on a compensated model before, and in the end it had to go back to GLOCK and they replaced it.Last edited by RoundEye; 10-22-2012, 4:28 PM.Comment
-
Had the same problem with my g23 a few weeks ago. I have had my 23 for about 4 years and never had an issue. I thought it was the ammo I was shooting( 180gr fiocchi ) but my g27 wasn't having any issues at all. Tried my 23 mags in my 27 and started having the problem. Got a few new mags and went to the range the other day. No failures at all. Only had one with an old mag that I stretches the springs on. Strange that it's happening with new mags, I would try the extractor. I am planning on changing mine out anyway because I have heard of other problems possibly linked to the extractor."...... to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason -Comment
-
Hold it tighter or have an experienced Glocker shoot it.sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,809
Posts: 25,151,913
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18584 users online. 117 members and 18467 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment