Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How Do I Get Over My Obsession

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr310
    Calguns Addict
    • Feb 2011
    • 5692

    How Do I Get Over My Obsession

    with wonder nines?

    S&W, Glock, Sig, HK, Beretta, I can't seem to stop collecting them. I love 1911s, but they don't have the allure for me that these guns have, and I must admit, that they really don't perform all that differently from one another. I need to break the cycle and find a new type of platform.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.
  • #2
    IrishPirate
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2009
    • 6390

    accept yourself for who you are, and move on with your life. It's not hurting anyone, so keep on keepin' on!
    sigpic
    Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
    People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Comment

    • #3
      Fishslayer
      In Memoriam
      • Jan 2010
      • 13035

      Take one each 4506 & P220 & call me in the morning.
      "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
      You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
      You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


      Originally Posted by JackRydden224
      I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
      Originally posted by redcliff
      A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mr310
        Calguns Addict
        • Feb 2011
        • 5692

        I dream about your 4536. I want to fondle it on an inappropriate level.
        WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

        Comment

        • #5
          willerfortheworld
          Banned
          • Aug 2012
          • 308

          I feel you.

          I want a p99, p30, p2000, usp9,cz sp 01 tac., p229, even a ppq would be sweet..

          I have a bad habit of daydreaming about expensive German/Czech handguns with a " p " in their name...weird??

          Comment

          • #6
            bsg
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2009
            • 25954

            Originally posted by Fishslayer
            Take one each 4506 & P220 & call me in the morning.

            w german P220 can do it. when you become obsessed with getting a P220 in every caliber it was ever manufactured in... you're in trouble.

            Comment

            • #7
              Black Majik
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 9695

              Originally posted by bsg
              w german P220 can do it. when you become obsessed with getting a P220 in every caliber it was ever manufactured in... you're in trouble.
              If I ever attain a .30 Luger P220, game over.

              Comment

              • #8
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                Originally posted by Black Majik
                If I ever attain a .30 Luger P220, game over.

                yeperoo.

                Comment

                • #9
                  huckberry668
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 1502

                  Embrace it. the 1911, 45acp (hopefully revolver) bugs will eventually bite you if you're lucky.
                  GCC
                  NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                  Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DRAB_81
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2482

                    I'm headed down the same road...

                    I'm a pure Glock guy, but I take new shooters out fairly frequently. Since Glocks aren't for everyone, I decided to start building a more diverse collection. The obvious answer was to build my collection in 9mm, due to ammo/reload cost & being easy to control for new shooters. As of right now I have a GEN 4 G17, GEN 4 G19 & M&P Shield 9.

                    Here's my list of 9mm maybe's, in no particular order:

                    Walther PPQ, HK P30, HK P2000, Sig P229R, XDm 3.8, CZ P01, CZ SP01, M&P

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MRbaker
                      Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 148

                      The only cure us to buy more! I'm the same way. My first pistol was a XD40 but my second was a Sig 9mm. I've added 3 more 9mms to my collection since and am now looking at adding a CZ and Beretta. Gotta love the price of 9mm ammo.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Quiet
                        retired Goon
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 30242

                        IMO...
                        A collection of wonder nines is not complete, unless you have a Steyr GB.
                        So, keep collecting.
                        sigpic

                        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          psango
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 1303

                          Totally Normal

                          Originally posted by bsg
                          w german P220 can do it. when you become obsessed with getting a P220 in every caliber it was ever manufactured in... you're in trouble.
                          P220 affection is totally normal.

                          One in 9mm, .38super and .45 is a must have. .30 Luger?
                          Always remember to pillage before you burn.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bsg
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 25954

                            Originally posted by psango
                            P220 affection is totally normal.

                            One in 9mm, .38super and .45 is a must have. .30 Luger?

                            yes.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mr310
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 5692

                              Yeah I love those old P220s. Never heard of them being chambered in .30 Luger. Sounds expensive.


                              I have 1911s, and am in the process of a really cool revolver process - getting an old mint condition S&W that my Dad bought brand new 40 years ago. I just don't know what it is about wonder nines. And I'll get a Steyr GB.



                              Right after I get a P7.
                              WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1