Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good tactical light for XD-9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Inverted
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2012
    • 86

    Good tactical light for XD-9

    I am looking for a good rail light for my XD-9 service model. I would like something that does not extend passed the barrel. Any suggestions?
  • #2
    wamphyri13
    CGN Contributor
    • Apr 2008
    • 2759

    If interested, I have a Springfield Armory Light (re-branded Streamlight I believe) that is sided specifically for the XD.
    PM me if you want a pic. It's never been used on a pistol.
    Ryan
    The following statement is true.
    The preceding statement was false.

    Comment

    • #3
      Paul053
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1061

      Hmmm maybe stream light TLR 3? Its super small. Any particular reason why it can go past the barrel?

      Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

      Comment

      • #4
        tal3nt
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 3168

        Pretty much any light that doesn't suck is going to extend past the barrel a little bit. I don't know if Crimson Trace makes the Lightguard for the XD-9, but if they do, that's one of your options. IMO the best looking light is the Insight M3. Make sure it's the LED version. The thing is bright & solid as a tank.

        Comment

        • #5
          MA2
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1129

          Insight X2 Sub-Compact will be 2-3mm under the barrel.
          Streamlight TRL-3/4 will be 2-3mm past the barrel.

          Comment

          • #6
            Inverted
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 86

            I guess it doesn't need to not extend passed the barrel. I will check those out thanks guys!

            Comment

            • #7
              drunktank
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2008
              • 5461

              Just to throw it out there, I had a tlr-3 that saw around 5k rounds; majority if those were while mounted on a rifle. No issues at all with it.

              WTB used AK MFER.

              Comment

              • #8
                SouperMan
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 1463

                Go TLR-1 for a metal body, or TLR-3/4 for polymer body. Boils down to how you like the feel of it.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SacTown
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 1784

                  +1 for Streamlight TLR-1

                  Been solid as a rock for me. You can spend the extra $ on a Surefire, but it's not worth it to me.
                  sigpic SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1