Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Surefire x300 ultra?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mijo45
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 158

    Surefire x300 ultra?

    Anyone get ahold of one yet? How do you like it compared to the normal x300?

    Also does anyone have any pics of it installed on a full size 1911? I'm curious to see of it extends out past the bezel of the gun or if it's even.

    Thanks guys!
  • #2
    MXRider
    Banned
    • Feb 2010
    • 2927

    Hopefully mine will be here soon.

    Comment

    • #3
      mijo45
      Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 158

      How long ago did you order it? I just ordered mine this weekend... They said 1-2 week back order. My Mai concern is that it dosnt extend past the bezel of the 1911... Really want it to be even or flush with the barrel
      Last edited by mijo45; 10-18-2012, 3:28 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        MXRider
        Banned
        • Feb 2010
        • 2927

        I ordered it last weekend.

        Comment

        • #5
          21SF
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2010
          • 3491

          Are the dimensions different than the reg x300?
          SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
          Diablo Rod & Gun Club
          Originally posted by keenkeen
          "What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

          Comment

          • #6
            SDM44
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 3903

            Originally posted by 21SF
            Are the dimensions different than the reg x300?
            It's longer, with a slightly bigger head.






            Comment

            • #7
              SDM44
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 3903

              Ambient light





              X300





              X300 Ultra

              Comment

              • #8
                21SF
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 3491

                It's longer, with a slightly bigger head.
                That what she said.....LOL


                OP I think the packaging he just posted answers your question...
                SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
                Diablo Rod & Gun Club
                Originally posted by keenkeen
                "What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

                Comment

                • #9
                  locosway
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 11346

                  Originally posted by mijo45
                  Anyone get ahold of one yet? How do you like it compared to the normal x300?

                  Also does anyone have any pics of it installed on a full size 1911? I'm curious to see of it extends out past the bezel of the gun or if it's even.

                  Thanks guys!
                  The Ultra is too bright for most peoples needs and will be more of a liability, especially to those who don't train with a light.
                  OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                  NRA Certified Instructor
                  CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                  Glock Certified Armorer

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    1911Luvr
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 1824

                    Originally posted by locosway
                    The Ultra is too bright for most peoples needs and will be more of a liability, especially to those who don't train with a light.
                    And friggin' expensive too! About 5 bills from what I heard.
                    I voted against Obama before it was cool.

                    Originally posted by 1911Luvr
                    I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                    • #12
                      Yerman
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 1396

                      Originally posted by locosway
                      The Ultra is too bright for most peoples needs and will be more of a liability, especially to those who don't train with a light.
                      Can you explain your thoughts on it being a liability? I'm curious what you meant. Thanks.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        G60
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2008
                        • 3989

                        You might end up blinding yourself, too with that much light bouncing off a wall and back at you.

                        YMMV though.
                        "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          Distro
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 812

                          Originally posted by Yerman
                          Can you explain your thoughts on it being a liability? I'm curious what you meant. Thanks.
                          Originally posted by G60
                          You might end up blinding yourself, too with that much light bouncing off a wall and back at you.

                          YMMV though.
                          I had a friend who took some night training for the first time but only had a very bright handheld, he said the light overwhelmed him to a point and nearly flooded out the entire target to the point he was hesitating before firing.

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            static808
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 893

                            from sdm44's pictures, the ultra does seem like it may be excessive indoors. great illumination though!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1