Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is loaded with SnapCaps still "loaded"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Squid
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 1041

    Is loaded with SnapCaps still "loaded"?

    for auto transport
  • #2
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    Good question. They are especially scary because they are reddish.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #3
      CK_32
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2010
      • 14369

      I'd go with no... I believe it retains to a projectile...

      This is like saying if I have a chamber flag in my rifle is it loaded.
      For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

      What's Your Caliber??


      My Youtube channel

      Comment

      • #4
        4DMASTR
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 1077

        I would say no, then question why bother having them in there anyway?

        Comment

        • #5
          Merc1138
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2009
          • 19742

          I'd agree with the "no" from the other people, but why would you use snapcaps for transport? That just sounds like an unnecessary and tedious step.

          Comment

          • #6
            Ron-Solo
            In Memoriam
            • Jan 2009
            • 8581

            Originally posted by 4DMASTR
            I would say no, then question why bother having them in there anyway?
            This
            LASD Retired
            1978-2011

            NRA Life Member
            CRPA Life Member
            NRA Rifle Instructor
            NRA Shotgun Instructor
            NRA Range Safety Officer
            DOJ Certified Instructor

            Comment

            • #7
              willerfortheworld
              Banned
              • Aug 2012
              • 308

              Nope, ok with snap caps..

              He may want to break in a trigger by dry firing a lot... had it in his gun, went somewhere else, wanted to bring his gun, snap cap is already in the gun locked in a box ready to go. So he might want to know if he can just go.
              Last edited by willerfortheworld; 10-16-2012, 6:04 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                SilverTauron
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2012
                • 5699

                Assume nothing. If my time living in Chicago has taught me anything, its to never assume something is legal in an anti-gun area.

                Knowing California DA's, someone would stand in front of a judge and argue that "practice ammunition in the form of snap caps" is still technically "ammo" and is thus subject to the same laws as a live round.
                The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
                The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
                -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

                The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Press Check
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 4879

                  What's the point in having the pistol loaded with snap caps while transporting?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CK_32
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 14369

                    Originally posted by Press Check
                    What's the point in having the pistol loaded with snap caps while transporting?
                    Just because he can and its boarder line so he knows if a LEO looks it will get a double take probably..

                    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                    What's Your Caliber??


                    My Youtube channel

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Press Check
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 4879

                      The last thing I'd want is any unecessary attention from LEO, especially uninformed LEO.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kouye
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2012
                        • 938

                        Probably legal, but if it has an LCI and a LEO sees a loaded chamber, what happens next is your problem.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Merc1138
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 19742

                          Originally posted by kouye
                          Probably legal, but if it has an LCI and a LEO sees a loaded chamber, what happens next is your problem.
                          Should be fine as long as they don't believe these guys: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=510268

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BigJ
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 3172

                            No guessing needed. Snap caps are not an unexpended cartridge or shell, and they do not consist of a case that holds a charge of powder and a bullet or shot. So yes, its perfectly legal.

                            "A firearm shall be deemed to be "loaded" when there is an
                            unexpended cartridge or shell, consisting of a case that holds a
                            charge of powder and a bullet or shot, in, or attached in any
                            manner to, the firearm, including, but not limited to, in the
                            firing chamber, magazine, or clip thereof attached to the
                            firearm."



                            Is it wise to travel with a snap cap in the chamber, however? I would say absolutely not.
                            "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CK_32
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 14369

                              Originally posted by Press Check
                              The last thing I'd want is any unecessary attention from LEO, especially uninformed LEO.
                              I hear you. But some guys get off on that.. Thus leading to those idiotic half a**ed LEO abuse videos everyone feels the need to make/post on YouTube.
                              Last edited by CK_32; 10-16-2012, 7:12 PM.
                              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                              What's Your Caliber??


                              My Youtube channel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1