Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Got my Colt XSE back...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • locosway
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2009
    • 11346

    Got my Colt XSE back...

    Finally had my trigger work done by Alan Tanaka. Couldn't be happier with the gun, and I think it's done for a bit.

    Before:



    After:

    OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    CA DOJ Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
  • #2
    IVth Horseman
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 1583

    I dig the new trigger! I don't care for the 3 hole trigger, how much lighter is the break?

    Comment

    • #3
      locosway
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2009
      • 11346

      Originally posted by IVth Horseman
      I dig the new trigger! I don't care for the 3 hole trigger, how much lighter is the break?
      I asked Alan for a 4lbs trigger, and it's considerably lighter than the factory with almost no take up and a very crisp break.

      I haven't shot it yet, but I'm taking it as my primary gun to Front Sight this weekend so we'll see how it goes.
      OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
      NRA Certified Instructor
      CA DOJ Certified Instructor
      Glock Certified Armorer

      Comment

      • #4
        RealBarber
        Senior Member
        • May 2010
        • 748

        very nice

        Comment

        • #5
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Excellent piece! Range report please.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #6
            InGrAM
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 3699

            Looks good. I like the Heinie sights.

            Comment

            • #7
              socalpistolero
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 2099

              I want one. nice

              Comment

              • #8
                jcaoloveshine
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2007
                • 2654

                I'm guessing he blended that Ed Brown safety too? Very well done.

                Hopefully the internals are good and it runs well!
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  locosway
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 11346

                  Originally posted by jcaoloveshine
                  I'm guessing he blended that Ed Brown safety too? Very well done.

                  Hopefully the internals are good and it runs well!
                  Will Ohara did the grip safety and the blending.
                  OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                  NRA Certified Instructor
                  CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                  Glock Certified Armorer

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    jcaoloveshine
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 2654

                    Originally posted by locosway
                    Will Ohara did the grip safety and the blending.
                    Ah man, you've got a good start to a full custom 1911. Get some checkering on the front strap, maybe smooth out the slide to frame, perfection
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Thomas1190
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 594

                      I had Alan do the same thing to my O1991. He definitely knows what he's doing. Great guy, highly recommended!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        FUBAR
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 2453

                        Love the rear sight. I second checkering the front strap.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ZX-10R
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 4122

                          Very nice. You have to love Colts.
                          USA**************************************************USA
                          03 Chevy Trailblazer , 06 Kawi ZX-10R, 05 Kawi KX250F, 07 Yamaha YZ85 - PSL , AES-10B, (2x) WASR 10/63, Draco AK Pistol, Polish Underfolder, Polish Tantal, Daniel Defense M4, Franken-AR, 1945 Izzy M44, 1936 Tula 91/30, Remington 870 Express, Smith and Wesson M&P 45, FN FNP-9, COLT 1911 XSE . NYC in CA. [COLOR="Red"][B]Obama S(_)[KS!
                          Southwest Sales Manager -SolidWorks.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Jyruiz
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 2045

                            Very nice.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              USMC 82-86
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 2428

                              Very nice.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1