Mine already has the competition hammer added which was installed before I ever shot it, so I'm not sure how much better it became but it's not where I'd like it yet. I'm guessing you are a CZ specialist? If so, please PM me- I'd really like to hand it off and have it expertly tuned!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
CZ-75B converting to single action?
Collapse
X
-
I voted against Obama before it was cool.
Originally posted by 1911LuvrI beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911! -
1911Luvr,
In a nutshell, the excellent CZ Custom Comp hammer has 90 degree hammer hooks. The sear angle is 72 degrees. This is a relatively incongruent match. This is why I designed my new hammer with a matching 72 angle.
I can definitely improve the trigger pull on your CZ if it has a comp hammer. All I will need is your hammer assembly. I'll send you a PM.Comment
-
I have an SP01 with a single action only conversion with a CGW race hammer, done my schmecky himself. It is freaking sweet. Slightly nicer cleaner break than my Shadow SAO.
I won't go back to DA/SA. I don't see the point.Comment
-
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
actually I bought a 75 shadow da/sa with the intention to shoot production class, but now I'm not sure I'm going to. I love SA so much more.Comment
-
I'm a little late to the party, but here's a review I did of Cajun Gun Work's job when I had my CZ converted to SAO.
So here's some backstory. I initially bought my CZ 75B Compact intending to turn it into my ultimate steel-framed SAO blaster. The only thing I really disliked about the gun was its long SA mode takeup. Because of the nature of DA/SA hammer and trigger mechanisms, triggers will have a lot of free play and slack where the trigger does absolutely nothing in SA mode. So begins my saga.
I first converted the gun to SAO, by removing the disconnector and installing a SAO trigger. I wanted to remove all the slack, and move the static trigger position in SA mode further back to reduce trigger reach. Unfortunately, and much to my utter disappointment, it had the exact opposite effect. The break point was moved further forward, increasing reach instead. Back to the stock trigger.
Next I put slim aluminum grips from CZCustom on my gun. That helped a lot, but the free play in the trigger bugged the crap out of me. I began to search online, trying to see if there was some way I could fix this. The only way to shorten the trigger reach and move the static trigger position back is to remove the firing pin block. There was simply no way I could get what I wanted. As I will be using this gun for self and home defense, that was the last modification I wanted to perform on my CZ. I sadly started to consider maybe this wasn't "the one", and started to think about selling it.
Then, with some assistance and suggestions from fellow Calgunners, I was told to contact David Milam of Cajun Gun Works to see if he could do anything. He is THE MAN when it comes to CZ trigger work. Some of you may be familiar with his drop in hammer kits and Extreme Reach Reduction Kits for the CZ product line. I contacted Mr. Milam with my questions, and quite honestly I expected nothing to come of it, as every answer I always got was "It's not possible." However, Mr. Milam asked me to give him a day or two to see if he could work something out.
True to his word, he got back to me two days later. Much to my astonishment, Mr. Milam told me that he had actually figured it out. He said it required some fundamental engineering changes to the firing mechanism and parts, and gave me a list of modifications I needed to make. Note, he did not say send me the gun, buy my parts, or anything like that; he did the research and test fitting on his own frame and time, then gave me the specs for free. Since 1) the modifications were way over my head and 2) I felt such honesty and "customer" service (I wasn't even a paying customer yet!) deserved my business, I sent the gun his way. I just got it back, and was lost for words as Mr. Milam's work completely exceeded my wildest expectations.
Here is the trigger in its stock configuration, in SA:

And here it is after he did his work:


(For those who noticed/wondering, that's not the stock slide. It's a slide from a full size CZ SAO that I bought off another Calgunner, JeremyS, who took a huge risk by buying a brand new, whole gun, taking me on nothing but my word that I'd buy the slide off him. Thanks again!)
Now here's the kicker: the firing pin block is intact. This shouldn't work. Normally, in order to get that trigger position, you must remove the firing pin block. Mr. Milam reworked the trigger and FPB in such a way to make what should be impossible, possible. He also reprofiled my stock trigger to make it thinner front to back, further reducing trigger reach. Here's the specs:
Stock trigger thickness - 2.5mm
Stock SA trigger position - 12.0mm
Finger reach - 14.5mm
Thinned trigger - 1.5mm
Modified trigger position - 7.5mm
Finger reach - 9.0mm
As you can see, the trigger reach has now been reduced by a whopping 38%.
I cannot say enough good things about Mr. Milam. His customer service is outstanding, to put it mildly. He responded to all my emails, every single one, within hours of me sending it, despite being in Louisiana. He never once pushed his products, only notifying me of different possible options that he offered in case I wanted it (and I did, got a reduced power FPB spring). Mr. Milam kept me in the loop and contacted me with updates when he received my gun, when he started work on it, during working on it, when he sent it out to me, and when tracking showed it delivered. But most impressive of all, he took on a challenge and accomplished the first CZ modification of its kind (to my knowledge) in just six days. That was INCLUDING the weekend. He's on top his shizzle, all right.
If you've got a CZ and want to make a modification that everyone else is telling you won't work, contact Mr. David Milam of Cajun Gun Works. He just might make it a reality.Comment
-
I live a few minutes away from CGW and have met David and been to CGW a few times. everything you hear about him is true. He is an amazing person. Doesn't push his products on you, and gives you straightforward honest advice. His products are sweet.Comment
-
That's great.
He is certainly not the first person to move the trigger break point rearward on a CZ. I experimented with it so I had a better trigger reach for the DA shot, so used to SA trigger position, the long DA reach messed with me for a couple years when I switched to production.Comment
-
Hey it looks good on there!
(For those who noticed/wondering, that's not the stock slide. It's a slide from a full size CZ SAO that I bought off another Calgunner, JeremyS, who took a huge risk by buying a brand new, whole gun, taking me on nothing but my word that I'd buy the slide off him. Thanks again!)
ruchik and I worked this out because he was looking for just a slide (he wanted a full-size slide on a compact frame) and I was looking for just a frame (I wanted one frame in SAO and one frame in DA/SA, which allowed me the ability to switch the Kadet kit back and forth and my 9mm slide back and forth between frames. I already had the SP-01 and the Kadet Kit when this started.). Worked out great
JeremyComment
-
This thread deserves to be bumped for it's valuable info on converting a DA/SA CZ to SAO. I did all the modifications (CGW race hammer, billet sear cage, 11lb hammer spring, removed fpb, cz custom sao straight trigger) except replace the fpb lever with a spacer. Ordered some from David and excited to see how this will shorten my reset. If anyone that has done this tell me how the reset is now.Comment
-
Replaced the fpb lever with the CGW spacer and this resulted in a significantly shorter reset and shorter trigger reach static position. I maxed out the pre travel adjustment screw which removed all the sa play and the over travel adustment right after the break.Last edited by CAGLS; 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM.Comment
-
Sounds similar to my setup. The results were great and the trigger is almost impossible to beat!This thread deserves to be bumped for it's valuable info on converting a DA/SA CZ to SAO. I did all the modifications (CGW race hammer, billet sear cage, 11lb hammer spring, removed fpb, cz custom sao straight trigger) except replace the fpb lever with a spacer. Ordered some from David and excited to see how this will shorten my reset. If anyone that has done this tell me how the reset is now.
I'm glad this thread got bumped, because up above is how my gun looked back in September, and here it is today:

^^^ CGW hammer, sights, and tuning... etcLast edited by JeremyS; 04-03-2013, 12:35 AM.Comment
-
I've done it to my SP01 SA conversion. Well, David did mine. Reset is similar to my shadow 75 SA.This thread deserves to be bumped for it's valuable info on converting a DA/SA CZ to SAO. I did all the modifications (CGW race hammer, billet sear cage, 11lb hammer spring, removed fpb, cz custom sao straight trigger) except replace the fpb lever with a spacer. Ordered some from David and excited to see how this will shorten my reset. If anyone that has done this tell me how the reset is now.Comment
-
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,214
Posts: 25,145,578
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,513
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 27453 users online. 108 members and 27345 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment