Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help deciding on a new XD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    gosparx
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 602

    I have the XD45 tactical and I love it. The trigger is a little stiff (compared to the one I shot when trying to decide on what to get) but I understand they just need to break in so it should be fine with more trips to the range.

    It's sounding like the best option is one of each!!!
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough guns.

    People need to remember that the same guys who wrote the 1st Amendment, also wrote the 2nd Amendment... and for the same exact reasons.

    Comment

    • #17
      Stanze
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3301

      Originally posted by G60
      get the XD9 if it's going to be primarily a range gun.

      .45 ACP is not cheap
      I'm a die-hard GLOCK 17 fan, but if I had my heart set on a XD, I'd get the .45 and never look back. **** the cost darling, let's live a little.
      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

      Comment

      • #18
        sakiguns
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 78

        Originally posted by Exposed
        Easist to shoot meaning recoil? Perhaps if you mean the 9mm has less recoil then yes it is easier to shoot, however, if you are talking accuracy a .45 will always be more accurate than a 9mm. It really does depend on what the gun will be used for. Even if its just for shooting targets you have to ask yourself what kind of targets? If someone is just punching holes at paper at an indoor shooting range I would go with a 9mm for ammo cost reasons, however, if you are going to shoot things like water bottles, fruit, action figures, you know, things funner to shoot than just paper (as I like to do at the outdoor range, Burro Canyon). I would always go for a .45. With a higher grain count the .45 is a slower round than a .40 or a 9mm thereby making it easier to control and far more accurate at farther distances even with the stronger recoil. I use my SA-XD45 for both home protection and blowing up watermelons up in the Azusa Canyon. Even though I only go up about once every 2 or 3 months do to expensive .45. When I go I rent a private range with my brother and buddies and stay up there for hours.
        "if you are talking accuracy a .45 will always be more accurate than a 9mm."

        Is that documented somewhere as a fact?

        Comment

        • #19
          Pryde
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2506

          Why not get a Glock or M&P?

          Both are similar guns but have far better (more positive, not soft and mushy like XD) trigger resets.

          Comment

          • #20
            GlocksNBagels
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 95

            XD .45 tactical in black. Fantastic gun.

            Comment

            • #21
              gwl
              • May 2007
              • 1328

              Originally posted by sakiguns
              "if you are talking accuracy a .45 will always be more accurate than a 9mm."

              Is that documented somewhere as a fact?
              It has a lot to do with the shooter and what firearm is used. One of my coworkers says the exact opposite. "A 9mm is much more accurate than a .45".
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                gibbygoo
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2007
                • 640

                I say one now, and the other in 30 days.

                Comment

                • #23
                  damon1272
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 4857

                  Originally posted by gibbygoo
                  I say one now, and the other in 30 days.
                  THat is what I am tending to think now. I like the fact that if I buy say a .40 cal pistol I can buy a barrel and mags and change it to a 9mm.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    3GunFunShooter
                    In Memoriam
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 2408

                    If you are just going to shoot paper. Get the 9 mm.
                    Ammo is much cheaper. I think the 9 shoots much softer,
                    fastern 2nd shots, than the 40 or 45, yes I do own both.
                    I bought the Glock 35, 40 cal and got the 9mm barrel and the 357 Sig barrel, shot it once with each cal. To me, the 40 cal and 45 feel much better in the 1911 platform, with more weight, less felt recoil. If you reload, then get what ever you want, you can tune your loads to the gun. The above comments were for factory loads.
                    If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Stanze
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 3301

                      FWIW, the XD .45 Tactical has a very enjoyable and controllable recoil. Not snappy at all; more a slow push back.

                      I suggest you rent/borrow and shoot all your choices first before deciding.
                      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1