Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P 40 Holster Recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SuicideCharley
    Member
    • Jun 2012
    • 141

    M&P 40 Holster Recommendations

    Looking for recommendations for a versatile and comfortable holster for the M&P I'm bailing out tomorrow. It's the 4" model, most of what it's use will be home defense and range. I'm applying for my LTC and if granted will be using it in the short term to carry until I get something more easily concealed. I know gear can get expensive but I'm hoping to find something under $80.
  • #2
    Ptack1
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 64

    Ive got a blackhawk serpa that i really like. Versatile, but its owb. Probably not the best holster for concealment, especially in a tshirt/jeans

    Comment

    • #3
      Dreaded Claymore
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 3231

      Minotaur MTAC, sold by Comp-Tac, is pretty good, and costs about $80. That's what I have.

      Comment

      • #4
        peacedivision
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2012
        • 1717

        Originally posted by Dreaded Claymore
        Minotaur MTAC, sold by Comp-Tac, is pretty good, and costs about $80. That's what I have.
        X2, great holster. Get one of their paddle holsters and a couple mag pouches as well.

        Comment

        • #5
          teflondog
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 4011

          For concealed carry, I favor the MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck. For open carry, I really like the Safariland ALS holsters.
          Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
          Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

          Comment

          • #6
            Paperchasin
            YOU are next!!
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2010
            • 6407

            Originally posted by teflondog
            For open carry, I really like the Safariland ALS holsters.
            +1 on the Safariland ALS. A much safer release mechanism than the Blackhawk Serpas.
            Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

            Comment

            • #7
              sholling
              I need a LIFE!!
              CGN Contributor
              • Sep 2007
              • 10360

              My first choice for a full sized M&P would be a Custom Carry Concepts "Tac 1" but they're not taking orders right now. I like their IWB better than my 2nd choice Comp-Tac because the CCC's thin material is more comfortable if not quite as strong. I have their "Quick Cover" for my compact M&Ps.

              "Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." --FREDERIC BASTIAT--

              Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, and the California Rifle & Pistol Association

              Comment

              • #8
                SuicideCharley
                Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 141

                Great suggestions everyone, I've been googling and pricing all of these. Keep them coming! I'm probably a week or two out from the actual purchase.

                Comment

                • #9
                  WWDHD?
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 2729

                  I don't have a permit to cc so of course I don't know a lot about holsters but I bought a Bianchi Shadow 2 for my M&P 9mm for a Defensive Pistol class I took and I really like it. I like leather holsters and I also like having a snap over the top of the gun for more retention. I got it from www.midwayusa.com for somewhere in the $60-$70 range. It fits nice on me and I think I could cc with it and a longish heavy shirt or jacket comfortably. Good luck.
                  NRA & CRPA member
                  semi-docile tax payer
                  amateur survivalist

                  Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Tjfearl
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 1108

                    Here is my set up

                    HM2(FMF) Earl

                    NRA Life Member...Are you?!?!

                    Can't wait to be DEEP SEA!!!

                    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson 1787

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1