Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kimber Raptor

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    glockman19
    Banned
    • Jun 2007
    • 10486

    The best price I've found for Kimber firearms is from a guy in Texas who is a master dealer.

    Jim Jordan
    Jim's Firearms & Shooter's Supplies
    2318 Oak South
    Nederland, TX 77627
    409-722-4000
    jimejordan@earthlink.net

    Comment

    • #17
      WWDHD?
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 2728

      Originally posted by BernardKaram
      I would get the Kimber over a Springfield anyday. I cant imagine paying 1000 plus for a gun made in Brazil, sorry. I'd rather have my money stay here in the States.

      Get the Raptor, its a beautiful gun and don't read too much into the internet horror stories. After all, its the internet.
      OK, I'm going for it. Risk big-win big. This will be by far the most I've ever spent on a single firearm.
      NRA & CRPA member
      semi-docile tax payer
      amateur survivalist

      Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

      Comment

      • #18
        pinoy916
        Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 410

        i own a Raptor ll, in blued finish, i also own a few other 1911s in Colts and SA, the Raptor ll would be my go to.
        Love it!
        Most gun stores have never even had a Raptor 2 come in the shop, Kimber does not produce the Raptors on a daily basis, unless its usually ordered based on what several stores have told me.
        Most stores get the Warrior but rarely have a Raptor 2.
        I know a 1911 guy that probably has more high end 1911s also tell me that its a great gun.
        The slide is like on ball bearings, freakin smooth.

        Im not into blue at all, but when i saw this handgun i knew i had to have it. It just shined and glimmered and was calling my name.

        They dont pop up for sale often and im surprised the one for sale in the private firearm section has bot been sold yet.
        My internals, trigger, grips etc have also all been replaced by Wilson Combat parts. Overall you wont be dissappointed.

        It is one of the finest comig out of Kimbers Custom Shop. BUY IT!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          keenkeen
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2011
          • 6782

          Originally posted by WWDHD?
          OK, I'm going for it. Risk big-win big. This will be by far the most I've ever spent on a single firearm.
          Why not just order one from someone who has it in stock?
          "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

          Comment

          • #20
            DT556
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2011
            • 3671

            TRP any day.

            Comment

            • #21
              WWDHD?
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 2728

              Originally posted by keenkeen
              Why not just order one from someone who has it in stock?
              Because the price quoted to me on the Raptor from the store I'm dealing with is hundreds of dollars less than anyone else. Even lower than Bud's last price. Even at this price I'm reaching a bit beyond my budget. The other guys prices are simply to much for me.
              NRA & CRPA member
              semi-docile tax payer
              amateur survivalist

              Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

              Comment

              • #22
                Cyc Wid It
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 4485

                Originally posted by pinoy916
                i own a Raptor ll, in blued finish, i also own a few other 1911s in Colts and SA, the Raptor ll would be my go to.
                Love it!
                Most gun stores have never even had a Raptor 2 come in the shop, Kimber does not produce the Raptors on a daily basis, unless its usually ordered based on what several stores have told me.
                Most stores get the Warrior but rarely have a Raptor 2.
                I know a 1911 guy that probably has more high end 1911s also tell me that its a great gun.
                The slide is like on ball bearings, freakin smooth.

                Im not into blue at all, but when i saw this handgun i knew i had to have it. It just shined and glimmered and was calling my name.

                They dont pop up for sale often and im surprised the one for sale in the private firearm section has bot been sold yet.
                My internals, trigger, grips etc have also all been replaced by Wilson Combat parts. Overall you wont be dissappointed.

                It is one of the finest comig out of Kimbers Custom Shop. BUY IT!
                "It's a great gun - except I replaced all the internals with actual quality parts."

                It's not a bad gun, but to infer that someone who owns high end 1911's views the Raptor as a basis for comparison even is reaching (a lot).
                WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                Comment

                • #23
                  WWDHD?
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 2728

                  So I went down to the GS to put a down payment on that Raptor that is supposed to come in "soon". Now the sales guy doesn't want to take my down on it until he can get a better idea of when it will be shipped. They didn't hear back from Kimber today and the GS is closed on Monday. I feel like this deal is falling apart and I'm just not meant to get a Raptor at a price I can live with. I'll try to keep my patients until next week to see where this is going. I really like the Rap but maybe its not meant to be.
                  NRA & CRPA member
                  semi-docile tax payer
                  amateur survivalist

                  Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    skosh69
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4290

                    Originally posted by WWDHD?
                    So I went down to the GS to put a down payment on that Raptor that is supposed to come in "soon". Now the sales guy doesn't want to take my down on it until he can get a better idea of when it will be shipped. They didn't hear back from Kimber today and the GS is closed on Monday. I feel like this deal is falling apart and I'm just not meant to get a Raptor at a price I can live with. I'll try to keep my patients until next week to see where this is going. I really like the Rap but maybe its not meant to be.
                    Get ahold of Yan at City Arms East in Pleasant Hill....they're a Kimber Master Dealer.

                    Last time I was at Guns, Fishing and More in Vacaville, they had 2..both blued models...

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      gmcal
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 1425

                      Kimber makes a good 1911. You should be aware that just because Kimber puts custom shop on it doesn't make it a custom gun. I believe Kimber did away with their custom shop several years ago. Internally the pistol will be a run of the mill Kimber, the same as a TLE II or Custom II mentioned earlier. That is not a bad thing, but you're paying for "scales", night sights, and grips (IIRC, the Raptor has an ambi-safety as well), not a trigger job, and hand fitted parts.

                      The TRP has some upgraded parts (extended magwell, ambi safety), armory kote finish, night sights and some very minor parts fitting. It's not a custom gun either.

                      IMO, if you can a good deal on them, they are both very good 1911's worth owning. I have a "tactical" 1911 so I would prefer the Raptor because I think it is a unique and good looking gun. I handled 1 years ago and I liked the scales.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        .45heat
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 188

                        Raptor, TRP Can't go wrong with either. Worst case scenario, say you only end up with the Springfield Loaded, you will be happy. But my advise if you really want a Raptor, get it, or you might not be happy with what you get instead. Then you will sell what you got instead, lose some money on that, and end up getting the Raptor after all. This is what I have experienced, bet other Cal gunners can agree.
                        -Worst Fear, Dying and My Wife Selling My Guns For What I Told Her I Bought Them For

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          WWDHD?
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 2728

                          Originally posted by .45heat
                          Raptor, TRP Can't go wrong with either. Worst case scenario, say you only end up with the Springfield Loaded, you will be happy. But my advise if you really want a Raptor, get it, or you might not be happy with what you get instead. Then you will sell what you got instead, lose some money on that, and end up getting the Raptor after all. This is what I have experienced, bet other Cal gunners can agree.
                          This is exactly what I'm thinking. I'll play footsy with this GS until the end of next week to see if they come through with this gun at the quoted price. If I get it, great. But if not at least I learned a lot and had an interesting discussion about a unique pistol that I didn't know anything about just a week ago.
                          By the way, I checked with two other GSs that had Raptors. Both were about $1500 (thats close to TRP $$$) which is way to much for me. This GS I'm dealing with quoted me $1150.
                          NRA & CRPA member
                          semi-docile tax payer
                          amateur survivalist

                          Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            keenkeen
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2011
                            • 6782

                            Originally posted by WWDHD?
                            Because the price quoted to me on the Raptor from the store I'm dealing with is hundreds of dollars less than anyone else. Even lower than Bud's last price. Even at this price I'm reaching a bit beyond my budget. The other guys prices are simply to much for me.
                            Originally posted by WWDHD?
                            So I went down to the GS to put a down payment on that Raptor that is supposed to come in "soon". Now the sales guy doesn't want to take my down on it until he can get a better idea of when it will be shipped. They didn't hear back from Kimber today and the GS is closed on Monday. I feel like this deal is falling apart and I'm just not meant to get a Raptor at a price I can live with. I'll try to keep my patients until next week to see where this is going. I really like the Rap but maybe its not meant to be.
                            As I suggested "order one from someone who has them in stock"...They are on GunBroker for $1164 with free shipping. Seems reasonable.
                            "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Harley
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 1782

                              I got one for sale if your interested ...I can have it shipped out on Monday to your FFL .

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                WWDHD?
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 2728

                                Originally posted by Harley
                                I got one for sale if your interested ...I can have it shipped out on Monday to your FFL .
                                Thanks for the offer. I'm going to see how things go this week with my local GS. They are trying their best to make this deal happen. Apparently Kimber is not an easy company to get information (or a call back) from, even for a "Master Dealer". I'll keep your offer in mind.
                                Sometimes the Wanting is better than the Having.
                                NRA & CRPA member
                                semi-docile tax payer
                                amateur survivalist

                                Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1