I was wondering if any of these .22LR conversion kits for guns like the Glock or CZ-75B alter the trigger pull or feel at all? Of course, there is dry firing practice, too, but I'm just wondering if doing trigger-related practice using the conversion turns out to be practicing for a different trigger than without the conversion in place? Doesn't seem like it should, but just wanted to ask. Thanks!
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
.22LR kits affect trigger pull?
Collapse
X
-
.22LR kits affect trigger pull?
Tags: None -
I dont have a CZ .22 kadet kit, but I don't think it should. I use a Marvel kit for my 1911 and it doesn't affect trigger pull. -
The CZ Kadet kit only replaces the slide, barrel and magazine. None of the trigger components have been changed, so the trigger should not be affected.Comment
-
I have a Kadet - like others said it's a new slide/barrel.
The beauty of it is that you get to us/break in your existing trigger. No gun controls change.Comment
-
Well, seems that the consensus is "no effect on the trigger". That's great! Pretty much what I thought. Thanks for everyone's input.
I don't yet own my own handgun yet (and no, I'm not just turning 21), but from shooting a couple times, I know that I need to work more on developing the right "muscle memory" to pull the trigger without messing up the sight picture. I think I have a bit of a flinch from shooting .40's those couple times. Anyway, I'd hate to buy a conversion kit and then realize that practicing with it isn't the same in terms of trigger practice as using the stock setup.Comment
-
The Advantage Arms .22 conversions are pretty good on Glocks as long as you use the right ammo (ex: PMC made mine into a single shot .22). The trigger pull should be the same on the Glock unless there is an issue with the springs or something is dirty/cruddy. You could also try shooting a Glock in 9mm (less recoil than the 40) or you could dry-fire without racking the slide after each shot by using a trigger reset group from Glockmeister.Last edited by OFI; 01-30-2008, 7:52 PM....Comment
-
-
Related question, will a 22LR kit dirty up the internals of the reciever portion of the pistol excessively more than regular 9mm or .40SW?
I ask because of the 22LR rounds I've fired, they seem to release significantly more debris.
That means it might need more frequent detail strips...?Comment
-
Honestly I've only put maybe 500 rounds down my CZ Kadet but it didn't seem any dirtier then normal.Related question, will a 22LR kit dirty up the internals of the reciever portion of the pistol excessively more than regular 9mm or .40SW?
I ask because of the 22LR rounds I've fired, they seem to release significantly more debris.
That means it might need more frequent detail strips...?Comment
-
My glock got a little more messy iternally, but not too bad. A toothbrush and a q tip is all you need to avoid detail stripping frequently.Related question, will a 22LR kit dirty up the internals of the reciever portion of the pistol excessively more than regular 9mm or .40SW?
I ask because of the 22LR rounds I've fired, they seem to release significantly more debris.
That means it might need more frequent detail strips...?GAP Team Shooter 5Comment
-
I have a kadet .22 that I use on three CZ-75B's.
The only problem is you need a 20# or greater mainspring to set off the cheap .22's that we all shoot.
This is no problem at all if you use the factory mainspring, but if you put in a lighter spring to help out the heavy DA, you'll probubly have to swap it out when using the kadet kit, no big deal as it's what I do every time.
.22's are dirty, but CZ's almost never need detail stripping. Just remove the grips and hose it out with aerosol brake cleaner, then squirt a little oil in there.
That's 95% of my cleaning regiment for the bottom half once every 1000 rounds or so, and my CZ's run near flawless.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,487
Posts: 25,148,281
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20285 users online. 109 members and 20176 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment