Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

double stack, .40s&w 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SARC_Mike
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 701

    double stack, .40s&w 1911

    Does one exist? That is on the roster anyways? I know I can get something off roster SSE but am just curious if such a beast exists. I think I want to switch from my glock 35 to a 1911 in USPSA limited and would like to see whats out there.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
  • #2
    reg290
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 197

    Para ordinance made one...not sure if it's on the list though......
    "The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... Served hero and villain alike... And carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history."

    Comment

    • #3
      Rangem4
      Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 407

      Les Baer

      Les Baer does, very nice. Bring a big bucket of money though.
      They make good firearms and they charge for it.
      sigpicA well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

      Comment

      • #4
        JTROKS
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2007
        • 13093

        Para Ordnance has a few on the list.

        SX1640SL / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .40 S&W 8/11/2012
        SX1640SN / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .40 S&W 8/11/2012
        SX1640SR / Stainless Steel Pistol 5" .40 S&W 8/11/2012

        Barsto has one:
        Bar Sto Precision / Stainless Steel, Polymer Pistol 5" .40 11/16/2012

        For the price most gunshops are asking you might want to checkout Fusion Arms 6" 2011 kit in 40. A shop that can do a SSE, then get the barrel sleeved to a bull barrel and that should be pretty competitive in limited class for start.
        The wise man said just find your place
        In the eye of the storm
        Seek the roses along the way
        Just beware of the thorns...
        K. Meine

        Comment

        • #5
          vinny_land
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2007
          • 3374

          STI Edge???
          "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            JaeOne3345
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 949

            STI 2011.

            I own one, along with just about everyone else who competes.

            If you already compete, you haven't seen them yet?!! They are everywhere.

            Off roster, therefore Single shot, PPT, or being LEO is your only way.

            Easily attainable.

            Here is mine:

            Comment

            • #7
              SARC_Mike
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 701

              Originally posted by JaeOne3345
              STI 2011.

              I own one, along with just about everyone else who competes.

              If you already compete, you haven't seen them yet?!! They are everywhere.

              Off roster, therefore Single shot, PPT, or being LEO is your only way.Easily attainable.

              Here is mine:

              I was asking for On Roster....of course I have seen the STI's...
              On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

              Comment

              • #8
                JaeOne3345
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 949

                I know what you said, and responded back with "easily attainable" in case you think it's a big deal. It really isn't.

                I said easily attainable so you know the SSE process isn't a big deal.

                I will PM information on someone who can bring it in for you without a hassle.

                I would not let the SSE process hinder you.

                Edit: PM'd. Trust me. Grab the STI if you have the funds to do so.
                Last edited by JaeOne3345; 07-16-2012, 3:55 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SARC_Mike
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 701

                  The SSE isnt the point. 2 of my 3 CCW pistols are off roster I am familiar with the process. As I said in my post I am curious if there are many that are on roster.
                  On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JaeOne3345
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 949

                    Your only option is Para, Bar Sto and SVI if you are against SSE this time around for whatever reason.

                    There are some gunsmiths out there who can make them run on the STI mags too if you foresee an STI in the future.

                    The Para mags can hold 20-21 without a lot of the tuning fuss. (Of course you would have these for out of state use. Had to say it before any Calguns hall monitors arrive. LOL).

                    You shooting Limited or L10?
                    Last edited by JaeOne3345; 07-16-2012, 4:03 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      RugerNo1
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 1644

                      Bar Sto has an on list 2011. SVI has a 1911 on list that you send back to them to have whatever kind of 1911/2011 you want custom made.


                      Bar Sto BS 40 (I love the double entendre in the name):

                      Dane

                      For the Learned Rifleman

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JaeOne3345
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 949

                        Originally posted by RugerNo1
                        Bar Sto has an on list 2011. SVI has a 1911 on list that you send back to them to have whatever kind of 1911/2011 you want custom made.
                        Yup. People do this also, but for the amount of money you spend you might as well SSE something already in .40.

                        You purchase it from them as a .45, then once it is registered and in your hands, you send it back. They make it a .40.
                        Last edited by JaeOne3345; 07-16-2012, 4:09 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          JaeOne3345
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 949

                          As I said in PM...

                          What about a used gun? Or do you want something specifically brand new?

                          Really easy if it is already in the state. I see used guns on the table for sale at almost every match.

                          How much money are you looking to spend? That's a key piece of information.

                          That Bar Sto at $2600 isn't a bad price, but you can get something used already in CA for the same cost WITH magazines. The magazines are the killer, at 100-125 a piece for tuned units.

                          The brand new SV will be between 3300-4000 no question.
                          Last edited by JaeOne3345; 07-16-2012, 4:18 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JaeOne3345
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 949

                            Speed Shooter in Burbank may have a BarSto in stock. Give them a call.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1