Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Request gun values for insurance purposes.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Call_me_Tom
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1298

    Request gun values for insurance purposes.

    I'm looking to insure the following handguns but I have no idea of their values. Any help will be appreciated.

    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley .41 Magnum* *47-193XX* (customized 5.5" barrel) (1 holster)
    *
    Ruger Service Six .357 Magnum* * 160-623XX** (with Fuzzy Farrent custom sized ebony grips) (2 holsters)
    *
    Beretta Model 96 Vertex .40 Calibur and 9mm* *Ber 3349XX** (with 6 magazines)
    *
    Beretta Model*70 .22 Cailbur*** A6745XX* (with 2 magazines)
    *
    HK P7 9mm** 331XX*** (with 5 factory magazines) (2 holsters)
    *
    *
  • #2
    Revoman
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 2395

    You can find many values by looking at GunBroker to see what the current market is doing.

    Personally, since many guns can no longer be brought into this great State, I would consider doubling or tripling the insurance values. Remember if it ain't here now, it ain't gonna be easy to find an exact replacement. Only new on-roster guns can be brought in.

    Yeah, your insurance will cost a few dollars more, but if you loose your guns you will NOT find it easy to replace them....if at all.

    Comment

    • #3
      fullrearview
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2008
      • 9371

      "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

      Comment

      • #4
        Fate
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2006
        • 9545

        Just don't use the "wife price."
        sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

        "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
        , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

        Comment

        • #5
          Call_me_Tom
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1298

          Originally posted by Revoman
          You can find many values by looking at GunBroker to see what the current market is doing.

          Personally, since many guns can no longer be brought into this great State, I would consider doubling or tripling the insurance values. Remember if it ain't here now, it ain't gonna be easy to find an exact replacement. Only new on-roster guns can be brought in.

          Yeah, your insurance will cost a few dollars more, but if you loose your guns you will NOT find it easy to replace them....if at all.
          Thanks, I did that but I wanted to check on Cali prices. I also couldn't find squat on the Beretta Model 70 in 22.

          Comment

          • #6
            Czsp-01-9mm
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 1853

            theres a beretta model 70s in 22lr on budsgunshop used for 349 so kinda ball park it from there i guess
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Call_me_Tom
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 1298

              Originally posted by Czsp-01-9mm
              theres a beretta model 70s in 22lr on budsgunshop used for 349 so kinda ball park it from there i guess
              Thanks...!

              Comment

              • #8
                hoss_hk
                CGSSA Associate
                • Aug 2010
                • 875

                Are you looking for ballpark numbers to get a certain level of blanket coverage, or are you trying to get "actual" numbers that your insurance company will pay you in the event of loss? You may need to get them appraised to get a value that your insurance company will reimburse.
                You can also check hkpro.net for p7 info (search their for sale forum etc).

                Comment

                • #9
                  Call_me_Tom
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 1298

                  I'm looking for ballpark numbers, on the high end is better.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    beetle
                    The Clip guy
                    CGN Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • 1677

                    Originally posted by Call_me_Tom
                    I'm looking to insure the following handguns but I have no idea of their values. Any help will be appreciated.

                    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley .41 Magnum* *47-193XX* (customized 5.5" barrel) (1 holster)
                    *
                    Ruger Service Six .357 Magnum* * 160-623XX** (with Fuzzy Farrent custom sized ebony grips) (2 holsters)
                    *
                    Beretta Model 96 Vertex .40 Calibur and 9mm* *Ber 3349XX** (with 6 magazines)
                    *
                    Beretta Model*70 .22 Cailbur*** A6745XX* (with 2 magazines)
                    *
                    HK P7 9mm** 331XX*** (with 5 factory magazines) (2 holsters)
                    *
                    *
                    From the blue book of gun values. Note since you didn't state condition I'm going to use 95% -- in other words, reallly nice condition but has been shot before. I also didn't take into account the extras (holsters, etc).

                    Ruger Bisley. Based on the serial number 47- it sounds like a "new model" manufactured post 1973. I could not find a listing for "Blackhawk Bisley" so I'll present some options.

                    * Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley: $435
                    * Ruger Bisley: $335 +15% for .45 mag cal = $385
                    * Ruger Blackhawk: $280

                    Ruger Service Six
                    I could not find a listing for Ruger Serviice Six. The value for a Police Service Six is $250.

                    Beretta Model 96 Vertec
                    $440.

                    Beretta Model 70
                    Puma or Cougar. $215
                    Model 70S: $300

                    HK P7
                    Didn't specify which model.
                    P7 PSP: $900
                    P7M8: $975
                    P7M13: $1875
                    P7M10: $2200

                    Factory Nickel or chrome will bring a premium.


                    Please note that blue book tends to be on the conservative side for gun values. It also take into account california premium. I'd bump these by 15-20% for insurance purposes.

                    hope this helps.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Call_me_Tom
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 1298

                      Originally posted by beetle
                      From the blue book of gun values. Note since you didn't state condition I'm going to use 95% -- in other words, reallly nice condition but has been shot before. I also didn't take into account the extras (holsters, etc).

                      Ruger Bisley. Based on the serial number 47- it sounds like a "new model" manufactured post 1973. I could not find a listing for "Blackhawk Bisley" so I'll present some options.

                      * Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley: $435
                      * Ruger Bisley: $335 +15% for .45 mag cal = $385
                      * Ruger Blackhawk: $280

                      Ruger Service Six
                      I could not find a listing for Ruger Serviice Six. The value for a Police Service Six is $250.

                      Beretta Model 96 Vertec
                      $440.

                      Beretta Model 70
                      Puma or Cougar. $215
                      Model 70S: $300

                      HK P7
                      Didn't specify which model.
                      P7 PSP: $900
                      P7M8: $975
                      P7M13: $1875
                      P7M10: $2200

                      Factory Nickel or chrome will bring a premium.


                      Please note that blue book tends to be on the conservative side for gun values. It also take into account california premium. I'd bump these by 15-20% for insurance purposes.

                      hope this helps.
                      That helped a lot!!! Thank you!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        DrewTheBrave
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 1472

                        As an insurance agent with years of experience in claims, I generally recommend appraisals for any firearms worth over $1,000. Ballpark figures are usually fine for anything under that. If the total value of your collection is worth over $10,000, you will want to appraise all of your guns. Most homeowners policies only cover $1,000 - 2,500 of firearms, $1,000 max per item. Renters insurance and many homeowners policies may have less or even no coverage for firearms. You can always add additional coverage, and you have several options if you decide to do so.

                        This is just a general recommendation, but everyone has a different situation and every policy is unique. Talk to your agent and be SURE that you have enough coverage. Just call your agent on the sly so your wife doesn't overhear what you actually paid
                        WTB: Beretta 92/M9 series (non-railed), Remington 1100 LT-20,

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          keenkeen
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2011
                          • 6782

                          Originally posted by Call_me_Tom
                          I'm looking for ballpark numbers, on the high end is better.
                          This approach means you pay more for the coverage when you pay your premium each year...then if you have a loss (theft or fire for example) they pay you what they figure is "current market value, with depreciation" and you have overplayed all those years for nothing.

                          For example, you can insure the wife's diamond ring for $25,000 for 15 years, and they will gladly take your premium. Then when there is a loss they will look at the rings stats and be happy to tell you it's only worth $6,800 and pay you that amount.

                          Realistic, appraised values are much better to use IMO...that way you are not overpaying for coverage they will never payout on.

                          YRMV...
                          "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1