Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Competition grade CZ's. worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuillermoAntonio
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1526

    Competition grade CZ's. worth it?

    So I've decided I'm buying me another gun.
    I already own the SP-01 but I'm now interested in going up the next step. My heart is strong with CZ...
    So I'm thinking CZ tactical sports in 9mm.
    But I wonder about the CZ shadow target and of course, I wonder what czcustom has available for CA.
    Does anyone have some input?
    I appreciate all input but specially any coming from.someone who has tried this models
    By the way, I'm still a steel match / uspsa newbie, done that several times but not proficient yet.
    Hungry for ammo?
    San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!
  • #2
    Strykeback
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 1574

    Me too! Are they worth the extra money?

    Comment

    • #3
      markw
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 821

      Most of their blingy pistols are not on the roster and will need to be SSE'd. I'm thinking of getting a shadow. I do like my SP01, much more than my 75B.

      Comment

      • #4
        bender152
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 4237

        I've got an SP-01 (stock) as well as a 9mm Tac Sport that was done over by CZ Customs.

        I enjoy shooting the Tac Sport MUCH more than I do the SP-01. The control, recoil and accuracy of the Tac Sport is ridiculously good. I'm an average pistol shooter at best and this gun has no problem making me look good. The crisp trigger and hefty frame make for a single ragged hole at 15 yards (which is really good for me).

        Hell, I've taken first timers to the range and let them shoot it and even they do well with it.

        Take this with a grain of salt though. I don't shoot competitions and I've never owned any other gun that's been "worked on". I really don't have much to compare it against.

        Comment

        • #5
          zfields
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2010
          • 13658

          are you planning on shooting limited?

          Also, you could always take an SP01 and tune it to a SAO gun. The Tac Spot I'm a little iffy about due to having different magazines.
          Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

          10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

          Comment

          • #6
            robx007
            Member
            • Jan 2007
            • 477

            Besides the hideous looks, the CZ75TS 9mm has been my favorite handgun I've ever owned/shot!!!

            Comment

            • #7
              GuillermoAntonio
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 1526

              Originally posted by zfields
              are you planning on shooting limited?

              Also, you could always take an SP01 and tune it to a SAO gun. The Tac Spot I'm a little iffy about due to having different magazines.
              Zack,
              What do you think about the Shadow target?
              Or the Shadow ?
              Those can be shot in production...
              I'm not too excited about shooting limited, but I think If it comes to that I can always use my SP-01 and go back to production.
              My goal here isn't really becoming a pro shooter, but I wanna have fun.
              Having different mags is something I can survive.
              Hungry for ammo?
              San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

              Comment

              • #8
                GuillermoAntonio
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 1526

                Originally posted by bender152
                I've got an SP-01 (stock) as well as a 9mm Tac Sport that was done over by CZ Customs.

                I enjoy shooting the Tac Sport MUCH more than I do the SP-01. The control, recoil and accuracy of the Tac Sport is ridiculously good. I'm an average pistol shooter at best and this gun has no problem making me look good. The crisp trigger and hefty frame make for a single ragged hole at 15 yards (which is really good for me).

                Hell, I've taken first timers to the range and let them shoot it and even they do well with it.

                Take this with a grain of salt though. I don't shoot competitions and I've never owned any other gun that's been "worked on". I really don't have much to compare it against.
                Dude. the TS from czcustoms is 2 grand....
                My wife thinks I'm buying a $600 gun....lol
                Hungry for ammo?
                San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

                Comment

                • #9
                  zfields
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13658

                  Originally posted by GuillermoAntonio
                  Zack,
                  What do you think about the Shadow target?
                  Or the Shadow ?
                  Those can be shot in production...
                  I'm not too excited about shooting limited, but I think If it comes to that I can always use my SP-01 and go back to production.
                  My goal here isn't really becoming a pro shooter, but I wanna have fun.
                  Having different mags is something I can survive.
                  I think they are cool, but really depends on how sensitive you are to slight trigger differences. For me, it wouldn't make a difference really.

                  The shadow would be if you wanted to start getting involved in IDPA, the shadow target would be great for production, but I don't think you would be getting a huge advantage over your sp01 with a trigger job. The lack of a FP safety will take some of the take up out, but beyond that its the same gun with different sights.

                  If you want the TS, I would only get it in 40 since you are going to be stuck in limited either way since it is SAO.
                  Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                  10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bender152
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 4237

                    The Tac Sport does use different mags, it does not use CZ-75 mags. So your existing mags will not be interchangable.

                    However, CZ Customs sells (or used to sell) grips which would shrink down the magwell and allow you to use CZ-75 mags. I have them on mine and am able to share mags on my CZ's.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GuillermoAntonio
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1526

                      Originally posted by zfields
                      I think they are cool, but really depends on how sensitive you are to slight trigger differences. For me, it wouldn't make a difference really.

                      The shadow would be if you wanted to start getting involved in IDPA, the shadow target would be great for production, but I don't think you would be getting a huge advantage over your sp01 with a trigger job. The lack of a FP safety will take some of the take up out, but beyond that its the same gun with different sights.
                      That's what I was thinking... doesn't sound too encouraging to get a shadow. Specially when my SP-01 already has the cajunworks trigger job.
                      If you want the TS, I would only get it in 40 since you are going to be stuck in limited either way since it is SAO.
                      I'm not a fan of the .40
                      I wonder what it would be like to shoot a TS in .40
                      Last edited by GuillermoAntonio; 07-08-2012, 11:49 AM.
                      Hungry for ammo?
                      San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        zfields
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13658

                        Originally posted by GuillermoAntonio
                        That's what I was thinking... doesn't sound too encouraging to get a shadow. Specially when my SP-01 already has the cajunworks trigger job.

                        I'm not a fan of the .40
                        I wonder what I would be like to shoot a TS in .40
                        Neither am I, but if your going to shoot limited, you pretty much need to shoot major PF.
                        Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                        10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          GuillermoAntonio
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1526

                          I think I need to go to the range a rent a pistol in .40
                          After that I will be able to make a better decision...
                          Hungry for ammo?
                          San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            whipkiller
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 3461

                            Originally posted by GuillermoAntonio
                            Dude. the TS from czcustoms is 2 grand....
                            My wife thinks I'm buying a $600 gun....lol
                            And she should go right on thinking that...

                            whatever you decide to do.
                            Too many hobbies, Too little time.

                            Mind you, I'm 5'7", 180, with a visible Ab...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              xtalpimp
                              Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 336

                              Originally posted by GuillermoAntonio
                              Dude. the TS from czcustoms is 2 grand....
                              My wife thinks I'm buying a $600 gun....lol
                              Its ok they do it to us all the time with those handbags and shoes!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1