Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Small girly hands & a 92fs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • psychophd
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 522

    Small girly hands & a 92fs

    So, I still like my 92fs despite my small girly hands. In part I like it because it's preban, so I have 15 round mags. However, I can tell a big difference between handling it and my H&K P30.

    What are my thin grip options for my 92fs? I know there was a thread on this a while ago but couldn't find it. Any real world experience with different thinner grips would be helpful too.

    Please excuse me while I go paint my nails and put on a dress.
  • #2
    DArBad
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 3002

    Originally posted by psychophd
    So, I still like my 92fs despite my small girly hands..............

    Please excuse me while I go paint my nails and put on a dress.
    You're scaring me, man!

    Comment

    • #3
      orangeusa
      • Jul 2009
      • 9055

      Trausch makes proabably the thinnest grips. Hogue Extreme aluminum are probably thinner and are a LOT grippier, so make holding the gun easier.

      But if you are using stock plastic Beretta grips, they don't get a lot thinner. Even the two above mentioned.

      I have had several Hogue Extremes, never used Trausch, but they are good quality.

      .

      Comment

      • #4
        psychophd
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 522

        Orange USA, are you saying that my stock plastic grips are as small as they get? I think trausch state their grips are thinner than stock, no?

        Comment

        • #5
          psychophd
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 522

          Sorry - I read that too quickly. What you're saying is that the grips are not appreciably thinner than stock. Got it - thanks!

          Comment

          • #6
            MiddleKingdom
            Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 442

            I'm in the same girly boat. When I decided to get a wondernine I discovered the CZ-75. That's a great fit for smaller hands. But since you already have the 92 and hi-cap mags the thinner grip panels will have to do. Good luck.
            "Now why doesn't somebody take out a .45 and BANG... settle it?" - Mr. Lee

            Comment

            • #7
              Write Winger
              Banned
              • Oct 2009
              • 6136

              Buy a single stack 85fs 9mm short

              Comment

              • #8
                Hopalong
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2010
                • 2436

                I've tried different grips on mine, but I have found nothing thinner than the stock grips.

                My hands are not large, and I shoot my 92fs just fine.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Oldnoob
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 2829

                  I went with alternative route. Beretta 92FS simply does not fit my hand well. Too big and too wide (I'm talking about the gun here, ladies). But I still love the design and quality to it. So after months of research and almost a year of search, I found my answer:

                  Beretta Vertec G model



                  It has identical features of FS (with rail) but with 0.2" short barrel (stock FS barrel are interchageable), and STRAIGHT back grip with slightly deeper web cutting. It's shape fits shooters with small hands much better.



                  Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

                  Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Mr. Beretta
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 6614

                    Originally posted by Oldnoob
                    I went with alternative route. Beretta 92FS simply does not fit my hand well. Too big and too wide (I'm talking about the gun here, ladies). But I still love the design and quality to it. So after months of research and almost a year of search, I found my answer:

                    Beretta Vertec G model



                    It has identical features of FS (with rail) but with 0.2" short barrel (stock FS barrel are interchageable), and STRAIGHT back grip with slightly deeper web cutting. It's shape fits shooters with small hands much better.





                    You have excellent taste my friend! And let's not forget, the Vertec takes standard 92 series mags as well.

                    Ref: the best thin grips for the model 92. I too have small hands. I've tried just about every manufacture of grips for the gun out there but prefer the factory stock grips. My favorite 92. like all my other semi's (3rd gen S&W, Colt Defender Plus, etc.), has a strip of "skater tape" on the front strap. It really helps me get a positive grip on the gun.

                    Good Luck!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Press Check
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 4879

                      You'd fair quite well with a 1911.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        scglock
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 963

                        +1 on a 1911

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          laabstract
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 1960

                          Originally posted by Press Check
                          You'd fair quite well with a 1911.
                          agreed

                          I too have little girl hands, one of main reasons why I do not like the 92f/M9
                          In memory of Ricky Lee Turner, January 16th 2009 Baghdad Iraq

                          In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
                          Saqlawiyah Iraq

                          "most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
                          unknown

                          Check out my YouTube page
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Fishslayer
                            In Memoriam
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 13035

                            Originally posted by psychophd
                            Please excuse me while I go paint my nails and put on a dress.
                            That reminds me... a 9mm 1911 will have slim grips...
                            "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                            You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                            You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                            Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                            I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                            Originally posted by redcliff
                            A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Suvorov
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 1391

                              As mentioned, the Trausch grips would probably be your best bet. Also, how old is your pistol? Around 2000, the Beretta 92s started coming with frames that had a reduced radius backstrap. It didn't turn the grip into a Browning High Power, but it did get rid of a little of the girth. If you have an older gun you could sell it/keep it and then get a newer gun and still use your pre-ban magazines.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1