Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Subcompact 9mm G26 or LC9 ????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • littlejake
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 2168

    Subcompact 9mm G26 or LC9 ????

    I'm looking for a subcompact 9mm. I'm down to G26 or LC9

    G26 -- pro
    higher capacity
    no mag disco
    no LCI
    Glock reliability
    Little brother to my G19

    con --
    Fat in the grip.
    short grip, two fingers on the grip
    hot seller, limits availability

    LC9 -- pro
    single stack slimmer design
    greater availability
    lower price?

    con --
    LCI
    mag disco
    thumb safety

    What am I missing?
    (I hate those, help me decide threads) -- I looking for reasons to tilt the scale to one gun over another.
    Are their others I need to look at?

    K/R Jake
    Life Member NRA and 2A Foundation.
    My posts are my own opinions and do not reflect those of any organization I am a member of.
    Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice; if you need legal advice, see a lawyer.

    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt (1759-1806)
  • #2
    Clutch-n-Throttle
    Member
    • May 2011
    • 277

    Go smaller and get a Kahr PM9. A little more $ but worth every penny
    CLEVERLY DISGUISED AS A RESPONSIBLE ADULT

    Comment

    • #3
      IBJanky
      Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 330

      Springfield XDm Compact

      myke

      Comment

      • #4
        p7m8jg
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 1914

        I haven't shot someone else's Kahr 9mm subcompact in a long time - but I recall it hurt. And my buddy cut his fingers on something while loading - the magazine maybe?

        But I don't know how good/bad they are today. You gotta hand it to Rev. Sun Yun Moon's kid, he's got a successful firearms company going there...

        Comment

        • #5
          Arkangel
          Veteran Member
          • May 2010
          • 4458

          Originally posted by littlejake

          What am I missing?
          (I hate those, help me decide threads) -- I looking for reasons to tilt the scale to one gun over another.
          Are their others I need to look at?

          K/R Jake
          So you need help deciding?

          It looks like you have narrowed it down already,

          So i will focus on points you didn't touch on:

          G26:
          -Use of G19 mags
          -Huge holster selection
          -Many upgrades available
          -Same muscle memory as G19

          If you want a thinner grip you can:

          Get a Gen 4, has interchangeable bakstraps (SSE or PPT if not LEO) or have a grip reduction treatment on a Gen 3.

          LC9:

          Not too familiar with gun but all the cons can be removed, so no more mag disco,manual safety or lci.

          Because you already have a G19, I say keep it in the family.
          _██_
          (ಠ_ృ) riveting tale, chap.

          Comment

          • #6
            Quiet
            retired Goon
            • Mar 2007
            • 30242

            Glock 26 better trigger than Ruger LC9.
            sigpic

            "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

            Comment

            • #7
              giantsfan
              Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 339

              I have the LC9, I have a G26 in jail and I have a G19 that I just picked up.

              I like the Glock as the design is simple. The LC9 is a good little gun but the recoil is like that of my .40 maybe a little less due to the light weight. The G19 and G26 recoil is almost identical as the G26 has a double spring so it recoils like a larger frame gun.

              There are many things about the LC9 I don't like. It's not simple at all in comparison. The mag disconnect..I just don't like it. The chamber indicator is annoying. There are only 7 rounds. Only after 100 rounds or so, there are wear spots on the polymer that many other owners have experienced.

              There is none of this on my G19 with just the same round count.

              What I do like about the LC9 is it's concealability. Very slim but in the end, I'll be selling it and replacing it with the G26.

              I've always been a Ruger fan. My first handgun was a Ruger. The LC9 is a good little gun. I like the Glock better..they're ugly but they are very very simple, functional, parts are everywhere and dependable.

              For me the cost difference was inconsequential to the difference between the guns.

              Just another opinion.
              Last edited by giantsfan; 06-28-2012, 9:00 AM.
              I can resist everything...except temptation. Wilde

              Comment

              • #8
                littlejake
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 2168

                "Arkangel;8834926]So you need help deciding?

                It looks like you have narrowed it down already,

                So i will focus on points you didn't touch on:

                G26:
                -Use of G19 mags **
                -Huge holster selection **
                -Many upgrades available **
                -Same muscle memory as G19 **

                I like these points. I was leaning G26 -- now I have good reason to stay in the Glock Family.

                Because you already have a G19, I say keep it in the family."

                Originally posted by Quiet
                Glock 26 better trigger than Ruger LC9.
                and the trigger is (almost) everything!

                Originally posted by p7m8jg
                ...Kahr 9mm subcompact ... You gotta hand it to Rev. Sun Yun Moon's kid, he's got a successful firearms company going there...
                Really? I didn't know that.
                Last edited by littlejake; 06-28-2012, 9:51 AM.
                Life Member NRA and 2A Foundation.
                My posts are my own opinions and do not reflect those of any organization I am a member of.
                Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice; if you need legal advice, see a lawyer.

                "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                William Pitt (1759-1806)

                Comment

                • #9
                  giantsfan
                  Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 339

                  Many holster manufacturers fit both the G19 and the G26. For me, as arkangel has pointed out, it's a no brainer.
                  I can resist everything...except temptation. Wilde

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    leman77
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1168

                    I shot my friend's LC9 and it sucked. The trigger is horrible, and all the California safety features are rediculous. I'd go with the 26, but the decision of course is yours. Shoot them both, then decide. Good luck.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sledge
                      Member
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 277

                      I haven't shot an LC9 but I have a G26. And is that one sweet little compact shooter! So I vote G26. That's what I would get if I ever get a compact 9. But that's just me. Having said that I have experience with the Kahr CM9 and Kel Tec PF9 to compare it to.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Legasat
                        Intergalactic Member
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4151

                        Wait a short time and buy M&P Shield
                        ..

                        .........STGC(SW)


                        SAF Life Member

                        sigpic
                        NRA Benefactor

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Leadingall
                          Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 402

                          get a G27 with a 9 conversion...and get a .357 barrel to wash it all down with...like 3 guns in 1!
                          Originally posted by CFV
                          If you ask the democrat = that's an uneccesary arsenal
                          if you ask a republican = that's a nice collection
                          if you ask the media = that's 20 dead kids waiting to happen
                          if you ask a Calgunner = that's a start

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stix213
                            AKA: Joe Censored
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 19002

                            The biggest issue I see with the G26/27 for carry is the gun is just as wide as the full sized G17.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 1488

                              The 26 would be sweet since you also have the 19 and can use the same magazines
                              FOR SALE:
                              A2 birdcage $5
                              WTT CCI small pistol primers for either large pistol, small rifle, or large rifle

                              "If you want to get something online that doesn't require a background check, get yourself a porn membership. That way, you can shoot off as many rounds as you like...that is...if your forty..."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1