Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Warning!!! Do Not Shoot 357SIG

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Oldnoob
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 2829

    I like the round, love the fact most of 40s&w pistol can just drop in a barrel and good to go. Ammo price is probably the worse part. But is we look at this way, the more we shoot and buy, the cheaper this round will be in the future.
    Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

    Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

    Comment

    • #32
      1911Luvr
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 1824

      I just didn't care for the round the way everyone else it seems does. I bought a Sig Pro in .357SIG and just hated it- maybe it was the gun I disliked more than the round, but the ammo was spendy and so I dumped it. For the same money I prefer shooting .45ACP or for less money 9mm. I just don't see the need for it personally.
      I voted against Obama before it was cool.

      Originally posted by 1911Luvr
      I beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!

      Comment

      • #33
        Moto
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 854

        Originally posted by PandaLuv
        .357sig is a bad ****ing round.

        still havent shot one
        Since you can't handle the 40cal maybe just mayyyyyybe you should stay away from the .357sig.
        Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

        Comment

        • #34
          bohoki
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 20826

          reloads heck you got to try some factory stuff for the full power i suggest some magtech or sellier and bellot they are loaded decent

          Comment

          • #35
            Gryff
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2006
            • 12693

            We had an IDPA night match a few months back, and one of the competitors was shooting a compact Glock in .357Sig. Suffice it to say, it was spectacular to watch him shoot.
            My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

            Comment

            • #36
              DRAB_81
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 2482

              Originally posted by 8voice8
              Or the 9x25 Dillon
              This ^^^...

              Here's a short video of my 9x25 Dillon G20LS, 90gr XTP @ 2050fps.





              .
              Last edited by DRAB_81; 06-05-2012, 6:32 PM.

              Comment

              • #37
                stix213
                AKA: Joe Censored
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Apr 2009
                • 19002

                I hear if you grind up a 357sig, dilute it in water, then inject the solution directly into the blood stream, that the high will last even longer.

                I've actually been considering getting a 357sig, probably actually from Sig, but not sure yet. Ammo prices aren't cheap, but they don't seem that much more expensive than .45 or .380, which I also shoot. The pistol I shoot the most though is in 9mm for several reasons, including ammo cost.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Paper Boy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 5666

                  Originally posted by meathead9
                  This ^^^...

                  Here's a short video of my 9x25 Dillon G20LS, 90gr XTP @ 2050fps.





                  .
                  Nice vid Ill have to try and get a good one with the Gopro next time I go out, finally got a chronograph as well so I will be putting numbers up in the ammo and reloading forum...
                  Youtube reviews https://bit.ly/2V3WchY
                  https://hooksandammo.com

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    morlok
                    Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 416

                    40 cal casing necked down to 9 mm, fast round fun to shoot

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      james758
                      Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 269

                      Sig did an awesome job on that round. A lot of highway patrol are using it because it goes right through a car door and has plenty of energy left over to ruin the day of the bag of meat behind said car door.
                      A buddy of mine got a CPO trade in Sig229 in 357Sig and it was like a fire breathing dragon with that muzzle flash, nice kick but not too much.
                      Awesome round.
                      Enjoy it, you've earned it.
                      The only thing a Non-conformist hates more than a conformist is a non-conformist who doesn't adhere to the standards of non-conformity.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        kb58
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 614

                        No one has mentioned that the awesome muzzle flash will render you blind in a night-shooting scenario.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          kLewis
                          Junior Member
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 61

                          Most defensive ammo has flash suppressant in the powder. It's not the same flash as target ammo. It is a good idea to shoot your defensive ammo at night some time to find that out, though.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Turo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2009
                            • 5066

                            Originally posted by kb58
                            No one has mentioned that the awesome muzzle flash will render you blind in a night-shooting scenario.
                            That's because it doesn't. First, the flash is much too dim to be blinding, and second, most of the flash is obscured from the shooter's vision by the gun. Also, the flash lasts for such a short time, it doesn't blind you like a flashlight would.
                            "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              daNkiest
                              Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 489

                              I had a glock 33 and it was f'ing sweet. It got stolen from my apartment awhile back. Bought the xdsc but never thought about getting the barrel. Maybe I'll look into it and get a 9mm too.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Poohgyrr
                                Member
                                • Nov 2005
                                • 278

                                357Sig seems to be giving us basically the same results on the street as the famous 357 Magnum (125gr rounds), with a lot less recoil & muzzle lift. More rounds per gun load too. Great accuracy. Handloading is easier than we expected.

                                What's not to like?
                                John
                                "Life brings us joys and sorrows alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle.". T. Roosevelt

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1