That last race gun was built a long while back when the other sights you mentioned were probably not even available yet, or maybe the gunsmith only had that holosight available for photos, who knows...
Oh and those lightening cuts are made so the compensated, less-power factor competition rounds (.38 Super, etc.) can cycle the slide reliably...
None of these guns are factory, or semi-custom factory (Wilson Combat, Ed Brown etc.)... They may have been factory guns (Springfields or Colts) to begin with, but $4K to $6K later they become full house customs... I do agree they are very sexy. Would love to send guns away to get built, but I just can't wait 8 months or more for it to come back. But their owners all say they are worth the wait...
Oh and those lightening cuts are made so the compensated, less-power factor competition rounds (.38 Super, etc.) can cycle the slide reliably...None of these guns are factory, or semi-custom factory (Wilson Combat, Ed Brown etc.)... They may have been factory guns (Springfields or Colts) to begin with, but $4K to $6K later they become full house customs... I do agree they are very sexy. Would love to send guns away to get built, but I just can't wait 8 months or more for it to come back. But their owners all say they are worth the wait...

Comment