Gun broker has 2
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Springfield MC Operator
Collapse
X
-
Just picked a MC Operator up a few weeks ago for 1100 used in excellent condition. I am EXTREMELY happy with it and I was happy with the price I paid. It's a great 1911! They are getting hard to come by and fetching a premium, I'm glad I picked mine up when I had the chance.Comment
-
I picked up my 2nd MC Operator today (to replace the one I sold months ago) for $1050 used but in like new condition. $960 is an amazing price and I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that.
FWIW, based on my research and from what I've heard directly from Springfield, all Springfield 1911s begin as forgings from Imbel in Brazil. If more than 50% of the assembly happens in the US, then "Geneseo, IL" will be stamped on the frame and the gun will have an "NM" serial prefix. Otherwise, it will be stamped "Made in Brazil - Imbel" and have an "N" serial prefix.
Either way, Springfield makes some of the finest production 1911's out there, reliable out of the box, backed by a lifetime warranty.Comment
-
Wouldn't trade my MCOP for anything.Time to nut up, or shut up.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment
-
Great price... I did book 1 last SaturdaysigpicComment
-
Springfield just shipped a new batch recently so many stores are now seeing them arrive. I got mine last week at Turner's.I voted against Obama before it was cool.
Originally posted by 1911LuvrI beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!Comment
-
-
No, it wasn't on display yet. They know me and my addiction to 1911s so when I stopped in one of the guys said he just saw it pop up on a list of incoming shipments. Of course I immediately bought it and it came in last Wednesday. Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short, but not this time!I voted against Obama before it was cool.
Originally posted by 1911LuvrI beg to differ. The full length dust cover rail makes a world of difference in the "when I run out of bullets I'm going to beat you to death with the pistol" look that causes bad guys to run in fear, and lesser men to feel inadequate. It looks just plain beastly and the extra heft up front does help manage recoil a bit better. Plus, an angel told me that when God called JMB to heaven it was to build him a full rail 1911!Comment
-
Good score! Always good to be "in the circle" with people in gun shops.No, it wasn't on display yet. They know me and my addiction to 1911s so when I stopped in one of the guys said he just saw it pop up on a list of incoming shipments. Of course I immediately bought it and it came in last Wednesday. Usually I'm a day late and a dollar short, but not this time!Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,334
Posts: 25,146,914
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28695 users online. 105 members and 28590 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

haha. NewbieDave, I think you will love the pistol.
Comment