Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lending "Unsafe Handguns"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sam
    Calguns Addict
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2008
    • 5205

    Lending "Unsafe Handguns"

    Out of boredom I was reading the calgunwiki and came upon the Safe Handgun List page. There, I found Penal Code 12125(a):

    Commencing January 1, 2001, any person in
    this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured,
    imports into the state for sale, keeps for sale, offers or
    exposes for sale, gives, or lends any unsafe handgun shall
    be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one
    year.
    Emphasis added.

    While I've certainly read this portion of the penal code before, I realized today that it is illegal to lend an "unsafe handgun". While this is a very speicifc and uncommon portion of the section to discuss, does anyone know of any cases concerning the lending of an "unsafe handgun?"
  • #2
    Lumpia is sarap!®
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 2267

    Define "unsafe handgun".
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Mssr. Eleganté
      Blue Blaze Irregular
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10401

      Originally posted by Sam
      ...While I've certainly read this portion of the penal code before, I realized today that it is illegal to lend an "unsafe handgun".

      California Penal Code Sections 32110(a) and (b) exempt loans of unsafe handguns if the loans comply with California's rules on loaning handguns.

      32110(a) says if the loan goes through the PPT process then it is exempt from the unsafe handgun loan prohibition. 32110(b) says that if the loan is exempt from the PPT process (under 30 day loan to a friend who has an HSC, loan to parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, spouse, etc) then it is exempt from the unsafe handgun loan prohibition.
      Last edited by Mssr. Eleganté; 04-21-2012, 7:38 PM.
      __________________

      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

      Comment

      • #4
        Sam
        Calguns Addict
        CGN Contributor
        • Jul 2008
        • 5205

        ahh! Thanks!

        Comment

        • #5
          fanof1911forlife
          Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 266

          The moron that came up with this penal code is the one that should be considered as "unsafe".


          Originally posted by Sam
          Out of boredom I was reading the calgunwiki and came upon the Safe Handgun List page. There, I found Penal Code 12125(a):



          Emphasis added.

          While I've certainly read this portion of the penal code before, I realized today that it is illegal to lend an "unsafe handgun". While this is a very speicifc and uncommon portion of the section to discuss, does anyone know of any cases concerning the lending of an "unsafe handgun?"
          http://www.youtube.com/fanof1911forlife

          Comment

          • #6
            Sam
            Calguns Addict
            CGN Contributor
            • Jul 2008
            • 5205

            Originally posted by fanof1911forlife
            The moron that came up with this penal code is the one that should be considered as "unsafe".
            You just described many California politicians...

            Comment

            • #7
              Munk
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 2124

              Define "unsafe handgun".
              Not-rostered = Unsafe.
              Originally posted by greasemonkey
              1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1