Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Crossbreed Snapslide holster...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bombadillo
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 14810

    Crossbreed Snapslide holster...

    Went ahead and bought one tonight. I really wanted an OWB holster that I could wear with just about anything and I wear cargo shorts with a belt and t-shirt fairly often. I needed a decent holster and decided it was the one to go with. Horse hide leather, sweat guard, and kydex retention holster should do the trick. Seems like a really really well built holster too.



    I know people will wonder why I don't want an IWB holster, but I prefer outside for ease of getting to the gun, not having to buy more pants that are an inch or two larger, and just flat out having it be my personal preference. I am not a fan of IWB holsters. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it and give a report as I couldn't find much around here on it, and Crossbreed seems to be a really solid company.

  • #2
    SouperMan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 1463

    I would do OWB...but the issue is trying to find long enough shirts (top and bottom) without looking like a poncho.

    I've heard good things about Crossbreed; is their turn-around time for OWB shorter than their time for IWB?

    Comment

    • #3
      POLICESTATE
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2009
      • 18185

      Checked out their products, I like them but I would prefer a crossdraw style which they don't seem to have

      The search goes on...
      Last edited by POLICESTATE; 04-21-2012, 12:18 AM.
      -POLICESTATE,
      In the name of the State, and of the School, and of the Infallible Science


      sigpic


      Government Official Lies
      . F r e e d o m . D i e s .

      Comment

      • #4
        hornswaggled
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1650

        Been hesitating on pulling the trigger on one of these for years now. Seems like the best carry holster out there. I guess not having a CCW puts the brakes on for me.
        sigpicNRA Endowment Member
        SAF Defender's Club

        Comment

        • #5
          tacticalcity
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Aug 2006
          • 10929

          I pretty much have to do OWB. Going up a size in pants is not an option. I'm short, and finding pants in a larger waist size with the correct length is next to impossible. I would personally be putting my tailors kids through college. Plus have you seen how crappy hemmed jeans look. Never found a guy yet who could do a decent job. It's a pain being so low to the ground.

          Comment

          • #6
            c3 rolling
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 726

            Good choice! Galco has something similar now, its cheap and looks nice.

            Comment

            • #7
              bombadillo
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 14810



              Finally got it today. Came much faster than anticipated and even before its truly broken in, it feels super comfortable. I got the sweat guard and horse hide options to make it a bit more comfy. When its on the belt, the retention is incredible. I could do cartwheels and the gun wouldn't be going anywhere, yet its easy enough to draw that there's no problem there at all. Well made, quality parts, and a great bunch of guys to work with combined with reasonable pricing. Only thing I may do is cut a bit of the leather off later on down the road but we'll see when the time comes. I ordered it that way on purpose knowing I could cut it down to a "combat cut" if I wanted to myself later on. Thanks for all the help.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1