Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

3 1/2 pound trigger disconnector for Glock 17

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Raptor3000
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 2837

    3 1/2 pound trigger disconnector for Glock 17

    Hi,

    Is the worth to get 3 1/2 pound trigger disconnector installed in Glock 17? if so, which brands are reliable?

    Thanks
  • #2
    JayTee_IsMe
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 884

    I have a Scherer 3.5 connector. Love it. I think it was like $25 shipped maybe. Easy to install, did a YouTube review on it. IMHO it doesn't make the pull lighter again i'm my opinion. But it makes the pull SOOO much smoother. It just feels right. Lol

    Comment

    • #3
      HeHateMe
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 551

      I installed the ghost rocket and it made an immense difference in the trigger pull. Much much better. No issues with reliability and you can do the install yourself. Just go real slow with the file.
      **********************************************
      - Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle.
      - WTB: Nerf N-Strike Longshot CS-6

      Comment

      • #4
        nokarma
        Member
        • Feb 2005
        • 312

        Factory glock only. They are now labeled as 4.5 connectors.
        I used to have them in most of my glocks but now I like the feel of the 5.5 pound connectors more as the trigger is not as mushy.
        NoKarma

        Comment

        • #5
          wisefire
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 1138

          I have a 3.5lb connector and felt a nice difference. You can start off by polishing your current connector and see how u like it. Plenty of video on YouTube that show u how.

          Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #6
            motorwerks
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1619

            Ghost.

            Comment

            • #7
              MyGlock17
              Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 429

              I have the factory glock 4.5lb trigger connector...i love it!...I believe it's the same trigger on the glock 34...Got mine on Glockmeister

              Comment

              • #8
                Dhena81
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 4587

                There's nothing wrong with stock Glock for me so I stick with it and apply the fundementals I'm not a bench rest shooter. Although I've been thinking about competitions once I get my Dillion 550. I have all the faith that I could compete fine with my stock trigger and Trijicon HD's. Call me crazy but Glock's stock trigger after the initial take up is second only to a 1911. I keep my 17 at my nightstand too so modifying the trigger is not something I really want to consider.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Nynvolt
                  Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 297

                  In my opinion, to answer the OP's question. No it's not really worth it. You can manually polish the parts or let the gun polish them for you by shooting and it will feel great. I've shot mine quite a bit then polished/stoned the parts that rub and it's light and crisp post the take up.

                  I wouldn't want my trigger any lighter. That's just my opinion though.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    HighLander51
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 5144

                    Originally posted by Raptor3000
                    Hi,

                    Is the worth to get 3 1/2 pound trigger disconnector installed in Glock 17? if so, which brands are reliable?

                    Thanks
                    I have used only the Scherer and OEM Glock 3.5 lb connectors in all my Glocks, currently have 9, for both competition and carry. The lighter connector usually yields a small improvement however it won't take it down to 2.5lbs trigger pull weight. If you seriously want to reduce trigger pull it takes alot more, generally starting with an expensive trigger package such as GlockWorks Fulcrum or Ben Vogels trigger http://www.glocktriggers.com/

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Fatstackz
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 571

                      As long as you don't mean paying paying someone else to do it, it is. It is so easy to swap out Glock parts to see for yourself what you like and don't like. Like other have stated, start with a good polishing first and move from there.
                      "Don't make the same mistake twice or you might never get to them all."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Rimfire123
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 709

                        does any of the local gun stores in So Cal carry Ghost 3.5 pound connector?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Raptor3000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 2837

                          this is the part right?

                          Glock Parts and Glock Acessories are the world's best by Ghost inc. Buy Glock parts and Glock accessories like Glock connectors, Glock triggers, Glock baseplate, Glock factory parts, Glock bullet slide releases, Glock springs and spring kits, Glock Spring Cups, and grip plugs for Glocks.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Fatstackz
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 571

                            That's the one. Where in So Cal? The Glock Store is near San Diego. I know they sell them.
                            "Don't make the same mistake twice or you might never get to them all."

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Mr.1904
                              Veteran Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 3310

                              Originally posted by nokarma
                              Factory glock only. They are now labeled as 4.5 connectors.
                              I used to have them in most of my glocks but now I like the feel of the 5.5 pound connectors more as the trigger is not as mushy.
                              NoKarma
                              This is what i went with with all my Glocks. 4.5 (previously known as 3.5)
                              "Then there are sheepdogs. The sheepdogs are the bastions of safety. The sheepdog lives solely to protect the flock and confront the wolf. They live for the opportunity to be called to duty to protect the innocent. The sheepdog has fangs and the propensity for violence but hopes that he will not have to resort to it. However, he lives for that day when he will be able to use his warrior skills and mindset to keep the wolf from harming the sheep."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1