Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer Subcompact Conundrum

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    joefrank64k
    @ the Dark End of the Bar
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2009
    • 10124

    I bought an XD40 subcompact on a whim a couple of months ago (it was on sale for $400) and just took it out to the range yesterday.

    Very accurate, very controllable, no failures of any kind in 100 rounds.

    Although day to day, I usually go with an LCP w/CTG in a DeSantis Nemesis.
    Last edited by joefrank64k; 05-21-2012, 9:31 PM.
    You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
    If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
    Come on...what harm??

    joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

    Comment

    • #17
      Marty33
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 260

      I have a G33. This is the 357 sig Glock built on the G26 platform. With a Pearce Grip
      Mag extender, you have a very concealable, capable gun. Check out the 357 sig ballistics, amazing.

      Comment

      • #18
        atilla457
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 5

        I have Walther p99 compact, quick-action. I went with this because I prefer this trigger and mag eject style. It comes with pinky extension on mag; not bad. I have the 40 size, I like the smallness and the punch

        You'll need to buy it online though.

        Comment

        • #19
          MrOrange
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 2262

          Originally posted by capturedlive
          It makes no sense to ask "what's the best sub," so instead let me throw out, what made you decide to get the one you did? Maybe that'll help me with my decision.

          Thanks.
          I went with a Kel-Tec PF9 to replace my Colt Pocket Nine. The factor that finally drove me to the plastic pistol side was the availability of a CTC laser. I think they're the best thing to happen to SD sidearms since the self-contained metallic cartridge. While I'm a big proponent of a manual safety (a.k.a. an unauthorized user denial device) on holster and night stand guns, I don't like them on a pocket carry gun, so the Ruger LC9 was out.

          I have a long love affair with the .45 ACP and from the ads & such it looks like the XDS is functionally the same size as my two nines above, but it's a bit thicker, which is a big deal in concealment, especially in a pocket. Which is why I have no interest in the chunkier options out there. If I was going to go CCW with a belt holster, I'd just carry the Commander.

          My purely subjective categories in sizing guns for CCW are: Belt holster, ankle holster and pocket. Believe it or not, an Officer's ACP sized gun works fine in a good ankle holster, as do the Glock 26s & such.

          What level of concealability are you looking for?
          I meant, it is my opinion that...






          I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
          I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
          You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

          Comment

          • #20
            echang86
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 652

            Are you in a rush? S&W will be releasing their M&P Shield soon. Sub-compact, single-stack, 9mm.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1