Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What after Sp 2022 9mm?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wayne93117
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 729

    What after Sp 2022 9mm?

    I've had my sig for a bit and want to add a new purchase to the collection. Torn between a .22 and a .40. This is all for range time fun. Please help me decide on make and calibre. Thanks!
  • #2
    far from tactical
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 1381

    If its just for range go for a 22 cause ammo is hella cheap and you can shoot all day for what you will pay for a box of 40 cal

    Comment

    • #3
      unusedusername
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 4124

      Do you like the SP2022?

      If so then a Sig P226 or P229 sounds like a good path to take. Both can be had in .40.

      For a 22, ruger is the king of pistol .22s but they are a pain to take apart.
      Last edited by unusedusername; 04-05-2012, 10:09 PM. Reason: Oops, wrong thread.

      Comment

      • #4
        manuelcardenas77
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 2544

        For a 22, get the glock 22 that's a 40cal..

        Comment

        • #5
          wayne93117
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2012
          • 729

          Originally posted by unusedusername
          Do you like the SP2022?

          If so then a Sig P226 or P229 sounds like a good path to take. Both can be had in .40.

          For a 22 do you want a pistol or a rifle? Ruger is the king of pistol .22s but they are a pain to take apart.
          I have been enjoying my 2022 and plan on hanging onto it. Looking for a 22 pistol for sure. Been reading plenty about the mark Iii and sr22. Also been having fun researching the glock 22/23
          Last edited by wayne93117; 04-05-2012, 10:11 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            PandaLuv
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 641

            Originally posted by wayne93117
            I've had my sig for a bit and want to add a new purchase to the collection. Torn between a .22 and a .40. This is all for range time fun. Please help me decide on make and calibre. Thanks!
            .22 hands down, that way you can shoot all day long for pennies and get better with the trigger finger. I just bought the SR22 and I highly recommend it.

            .40 is a good round, but it's not a necessity.



            edit: if you really like the sig pro, just like the poster above said, buy the p226 or p229, awesome guns.
            Last edited by PandaLuv; 04-05-2012, 10:24 PM.
            Молон Лабе
            I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

            Comment

            • #7
              clutchy
              Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 364

              I like shooting .22 rifles but pistols... i don't know they just don't have any recoil and i don't feel like i'm learning anything shooting them.

              I don't ever plan on keeping that caliber for home defense so i guess I just don't get it.

              I'm sure some people feel that way about 9mm which is what i use

              Comment

              • #8
                gumby
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 2331

                Originally posted by PandaLuv
                .22 hands down, that way you can shoot all day long for pennies and get better with the trigger finger. I just bought the SR22 and I highly recommend it.

                .40 is a good round, but it's not a necessity.



                edit: if you really like the sig pro, just like the poster above said, buy the p226 or p229, awesome guns.
                I agree and my EDC is a .40 2022. Practice and range fun--.22, your 9mm is great for HD.

                Comment

                • #9
                  PandaLuv
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 641

                  Originally posted by clutchy
                  I like shooting .22 rifles but pistols... i don't know they just don't have any recoil and i don't feel like i'm learning anything shooting them.

                  I don't ever plan on keeping that caliber for home defense so i guess I just don't get it.

                  I'm sure some people feel that way about 9mm which is what i use
                  I used to think the same way, some of the fellow calgunners might remember that, but shooting guns is shooting guns. Maybe .22s dont have recoil, but you're still shooting and getting bullets on the target. That way when you shoot center fired ammo, you are a lot more accurate.
                  Молон Лабе
                  I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    antonius
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 24

                    For CHEAP range time fun go with a .22LR. I own a Stainless Single Six and a 22lr conversion for my P220. Want a Mark III Target, but I've also got an eye on a GSG-1911.

                    Other makes/models: S&W 22's, Heritage Single Action, Sig Mosquito, Browning Buckmark

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      clutchy
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 364

                      Originally posted by PandaLuv
                      I used to think the same way, some of the fellow calgunners might remember that, but shooting guns is shooting guns. Maybe .22s dont have recoil, but you're still shooting and getting bullets on the target. That way when you shoot center fired ammo, you are a lot more accurate.
                      fair enough.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        wayne93117
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 729

                        Thanks for the info. Would be nice if sig made a .22 conversion for the sp2022 but at the price range of the gun makes sense why they don't. There is something very alluring about the amount of trigger time on the .22 for cheap. The fun of a .40 also is enticing but more $$.

                        Looks like I've got more thinking to do.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Fishslayer
                          In Memoriam
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 13035

                          Get a SIG Mosquito. Fairly close in ergos to the SP2022 and the trigger will really build up those muscles!

                          Truly, the trigger is awful but my wife loves her Mozzie anyway.

                          If I were looking for another .22 for myself the Ruger SR22 has been getting good reviews.

                          The Taurus .22 revolver is on sale at Turner's this month...
                          "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                          Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                          I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                          Originally posted by redcliff
                          A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            skibuff
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 617

                            The Sig 226 .40 has a .22 conversion kit.
                            My 2cents Shooting a 22 gets boring real quick.
                            If you want to shoot cheap get a highend pellet gun and shoot it in your back yard.
                            Or reload for 9mm.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MRbaker
                              Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 148

                              I'd suggest a .22 for practice. I got a Browning Buckmark for my second gun and it has gotten tons of use. I feel its helped me practice the shooting basics and improve my skills. And its cheap to shoot!!!

                              Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1