Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Whoopsed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tedd153
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 4

    Whoopsed?

    Hi all,

    I'm in a conumdrum.

    It looks like I paid for an off roster from gunbroker. before i bid, i checked the list very carefully and the difference is the finish, blued vs. stainless. grips are the same, sights the same, etc. I didn't catch it initially, but my FFL can't dros the gun to me, so he's got it in his possessition (in his bound book). there were 'no returns' on the gun as stated in the auction so returning it is out.

    now, what can happen? can I find a buyer for this (out of state), and have my FFL ship to him and be done with it? or should i beg the seller to take it back (which I don't want to do).

    thanx!
  • #2
    RugerFanRyan
    Member
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2011
    • 318

    SSE it?

    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      Cuda440
      CGN Contributor
      • Sep 2010
      • 3289

      You can have the FFL sell it on consignment to a LEO that is exempt from the roster.

      You can sell it to someone out of state and have the FFL ship it there.

      You can (depending on the gun) send it to another FFL that is capable of doing a single-shot conversion on it to make the weapon exempt from the roster. After it is then transferred to you, it is legal to return it to non-single shot status.
      Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

      Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #4
        Swift Justice
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 600

        Originally posted by Cuda440
        You can have the FFL sell it on consignment to a LEO that is exempt from the roster.

        You can sell it to someone out of state and have the FFL ship it there.

        You can (depending on the gun) send it to another FFL that is capable of doing a single-shot conversion on it to make the weapon exempt from the roster. After it is then transferred to you, it is legal to return it to non-single shot status.
        ^ This.
        And I hope the ghost of John M. Browning haunts each and every one of the idiot legislators who voted the roster bill into law...
        Slow justice is no justice.

        I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

        Comment

        • #5
          Tedd153
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 4

          Ok, as i had thought.

          I contacted this FFL *twice* regarding this exact model I wantted to buy. He said all of the same model are "fine", so I bought it. I'll talk to him in a few days after i'm calmer about his kitchen table FFL taking it as his own inventory and selling it back online, or me finding a willing buyer.

          This particular pistol can't SSE/too expensive to exempt/no parts available.

          Now, I can sell it out of state (online) if I haven't even taken posessition of it? How does that work? I guess I'll just get the money from buyer (money order, cleared), and then have my FFL drop it in for Priority Mail (since he's FFL, he can ship that way, hehe).

          I have only sold 1 handgun this year, so I'm under 6 to be a "dealer'

          Comment

          • #6
            SilverTauron
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2012
            • 5699

            Originally posted by Tedd153
            Ok, as i had thought.

            I contacted this FFL *twice* regarding this exact model I wantted to buy. He said all of the same model are "fine", so I bought it. I'll talk to him in a few days after i'm calmer about his kitchen table FFL taking it as his own inventory and selling it back online, or me finding a willing buyer.

            This particular pistol can't SSE/too expensive to exempt/no parts available.

            Now, I can sell it out of state (online) if I haven't even taken posessition of it? How does that work? I guess I'll just get the money from buyer (money order, cleared), and then have my FFL drop it in for Priority Mail (since he's FFL, he can ship that way, hehe).

            I have only sold 1 handgun this year, so I'm under 6 to be a "dealer'
            List it on gunbroker , take the appropriate photos, and go from there.I hope the holding FFL doesn't mind if you stop by to take pictures.
            The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
            The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
            -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

            The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

            Comment

            • #7
              Tedd153
              Junior Member
              • Mar 2012
              • 4

              I hope he doesn't mind. It's partly his fault for telling me it was fine to buy!

              Comment

              • #8
                keenkeen
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2011
                • 6782

                Originally posted by Tedd153
                I hope he doesn't mind. It's partly his fault for telling me it was fine to buy!
                Your purchase...100% your responsibility. And we all wonder why some FFLs don't like doing out of state transfers...

                IMO
                "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                Comment

                • #9
                  Swift Justice
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 600

                  Originally posted by keenkeen
                  Your purchase...100% your responsibility. And we all wonder why some FFLs don't like doing out of state transfers...

                  IMO
                  Normally I would agree with you, but if he asked his receiving FFL more than once if it was ok, and the FFL said "yes", then the FFL should bear some of the responsibility at least under a detrimental reliance theory. If the FFL said "No" or "I don't know" or "order at your own risk", then different story.
                  Slow justice is no justice.

                  I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    keenkeen
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2011
                    • 6782

                    Originally posted by Swift Justice
                    Normally I would agree with you, but if he asked his receiving FFL more than once if it was ok, and the FFL said "yes", then the FFL should bear some of the responsibility at least under a detrimental reliance theory. If the FFL said "No" or "I don't know" or "order at your own risk", then different story.
                    Yes, I can see that point. It's a good lesson to others to make sure you check the roster and confirm before ordering from out of state. I also think the FFL should help the OP as much as they can just as a matter of being a stand up guy.
                    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tedd153
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 4

                      I explicitly asked my FFL for some help with the roster. he said it was fine.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        keenkeen
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2011
                        • 6782

                        Originally posted by Tedd153
                        I explicitly asked my FFL for some help with the roster. he said it was fine.
                        This brings us to another very important point...believe very little of what you hear in most gun shops. Especially when it comes to gun laws.
                        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1