Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 17 GEN 4 owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GLOCKINGRAT
    Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 336

    Glock 17 GEN 4 owners

    Hell guys n gals im considering picking up a gen 4 glock 17 and was hoping to hear feom you calgunners ur opinions on the gen 4 g17 please only people with such gun should chime in and speak, what r u pros and cons about it. One other thing i wanted to know,what are the downside's of having an off roster gun such as the gen 4. Thanks everybody
  • #2
    MyGlock17
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 429

    Make sure when you get the G17 Gen 4 that it has the latest ejector #30274 and recoil spring # 042...I heard mix reviews of the Gen 4 especially in the 9mm...But from what i read that if you have the latest ejector and the new recoil spring than you should be fine...I want a Gen 4 also but in a G19 or G23....Goodluck on your purchase...Also the GEN 4 is selling fast so if you come across one i wouldn't hestitate to buy one...Just make sure it has the new ejector and spring though...
    Last edited by MyGlock17; 03-08-2012, 6:49 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      GLOCKINGRAT
      Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 336

      Are all new glocks recieved in stpres equiped with it or would i have to make sure when i inspect it when buying it at the shop?

      Comment

      • #4
        MyGlock17
        Member
        • Feb 2012
        • 429

        Originally posted by GLOCKINGRAT
        Are all new glocks recieved in stpres equiped with it or would i have to make sure when i inspect it when buying it at the shop?
        i would inspect it 1st...

        Comment

        • #5
          DRAB_81
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 2482

          I just hit the 1000rd mark, and I haven't had a single failure. Two of my friends have them also (one here in Nor Cal, one in Texas), and theirs have been flawless as well. They all have the original 0-2 RSA & 336 ejectors that were supposed to be the cause of the "lemon" GEN 4 9mm's. I shoot mine in USPSA Production Class & IDPA SSP, and it's been a great gun for me.

          The new grip texture is perfect, and the larger mag release is much better than earlier Glocks. I don't use the backstraps though. They seem like a cheap afterthought, and I don't mind the feel of the grip without them anyway. The only thing I wish it had, is the GEN 3 trigger. By making the grip smaller, they had to change the geometry of the trigger group, so it doesn't feel as nice to me as a stock GEN 3 trigger. My GEN 4 G21 trigger on the other hand, has the nicest Glock trigger I have ever felt (stock, 3.5 connector, $0.25 trigger job & Vanek Classic Grand Master kit included).

          If you like Glocks, you'll dig it. I still recommend shooting one before buying one, if you can ofcourse.

          Comment

          • #6
            GLOCKINGRAT
            Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 336

            Anymore info people?? Anybody know whats the downside to having an off roster gun?

            Comment

            • #7
              bish0p
              Banned
              • Oct 2010
              • 65

              I have the 042 recoil spring assembly. I'm not sure what ejector I have. Out of the 300 rounds I've fired, I've got brass to the face 3 or 4 times.

              I don't think there's a downside to having an off roster pistol. It's just a pain in the @ss to get one.

              Comment

              • #8
                DRAB_81
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 2482

                Just to clarify, the GEN 4 G17 RSA's are designated "0-2-_". The original RSA model number was "0-2", and the "0-2-4" (read from left, to right, to bottom) is the latest revision of the 0-2 RSA.

                And no, there is no downside to owning an off-roster handgun.

                .
                Last edited by DRAB_81; 03-09-2012, 8:06 AM.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1