Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Night sights for RIA Tactical

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • joelj320
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 381

    Night sights for RIA Tactical

    I'm looking to see what the best night sights are that will fit my RIA. Currently has the novak sights. What are your current set ups.

    Last edited by joelj320; 03-05-2012, 1:28 PM.
  • #2
    keenkeen
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6782

    Are those the stock RIA sights? Hard to tell from the pic...

    I think those are "Novak Type" sights not Novak's.

    I mention it becuase I belive RIA uses a mod'ed cut so if you are looking to upgrade there will be some fitting involved.

    Good Luck.
    "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

    Comment

    • #3
      joelj320
      Member
      • Mar 2010
      • 381

      Yea I left out the cut part. They are what it came with. Just looking for options on replacements.

      Comment

      • #4
        Omil
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 2130

        Originally posted by keenkeen
        Are those the stock RIA sights? Hard to tell from the pic...

        I think those are "Novak Type" sights not Novak's.

        I mention it becuase I belive RIA uses a mod'ed cut so if you are looking to upgrade there will be some fitting involved.

        Good Luck.
        +1 novak's type.
        sigpic
        All Gave Some, Some Gave All...

        Comment

        • #5
          NapaCountyShooter
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 2417

          From what I hear, Dawson Precision supposedly makes some that fit. Otherwise, you buy Novak cut sights and file to fit.
          Jonah

          Comment

          • #6
            joelj320
            Member
            • Mar 2010
            • 381

            Thanks will check them out

            Comment

            • #7
              wilit
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2005
              • 5213

              Just bought some fiber optics for my RIA. The front sight came from Dawson Precision and the rear came from Fusion Firearms.
              "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
              "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
              "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                joelj320
                Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 381

                Originally posted by wilit
                Just bought some fiber optics for my RIA. The front sight came from Dawson Precision and the rear came from Fusion Firearms.
                Hows the visibility with low light conditions

                Comment

                • #9
                  wilit
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 5213

                  Originally posted by joelj320
                  Hows the visibility with low light conditions
                  I have yet to install them, but just doing a test in my hand, they're much better than the factory slab sights.

                  I think a traditional Novak rear sight will work, but the front dovetail is cut .010" deeper on the slide than what Novak specs. So finding a true night sight for the front is going to be near impossible. Dawson Precision is the only company I know of that makes an RIA Novak cut front sight. They might be able to make a tritium night sight, but I imagine it won't be cheap.

                  Also, not sure about the .45 Tactical, but on my 9mm Tactical, the factory front sight is .170" tall. Dawson only offers .160" and .180" tall sights. I went with a .160".
                  "If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin
                  "You have to be willing to swing your nuts like a deadblow hammer to put these jackasses in their place." - AJAX22
                  "The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    KandyRedCoi
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 1748

                    on RIA website it says Mepro or Novak...do we get a choice here in CA?
                    -Coi- N R A member since 2008
                    .177-.22lr-.410-9mm-38spr-.45acp-45lc-7.62x39-7.62x54r-12ga
                    ~your friendly neighborhood ZOMBIE hunter~

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Gary13
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1523

                      Originally posted by wilit
                      Also, not sure about the .45 Tactical, but on my 9mm Tactical, the factory front sight is .170" tall. Dawson only offers .160" and .180" tall sights. I went with a .160".
                      I went with the .160" front FO sight from Dawson and love it. I kept the standard rear sight.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        teflondog
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 4011

                        My favorite are the Novak dovetails with Trijicon tritium inserts. I tried Mepro sights and I'm not as accurate with them.
                        Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                        Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          joelj320
                          Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 381

                          Thanks for the input guys. My original plan for this gun was to put a fiber optic on from and keep the rear the same and it seems you all took this route. I love these sights but with low light I can see them.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1