Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Several sales / purchase questions, please.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oliveview
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 37

    Several sales / purchase questions, please.

    I have two questions:

    1) In CA, assuming a face-to-face transaction is made (through a FFL of course) there is NO limitation of one gun per thirty-days. Correct? A person could conceivably purchase as many guns as they wanted at one time?

    2) I have a handgun that is fifteen-twenty years old. I think I may have been the one who bought it, but it's possible my Dad carried out the transaction. I don't entirely remember, nor does he. It's just been too long. The question being, if I want to sell that handgun, are there any legal issues or requirements of proof of ownership? How does that work? I've never actually sold a gun before.

    Thanks so much.
  • #2
    Librarian
    Admin and Poltergeist
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 44690

    Originally posted by oliveview
    I have two questions:

    1) In CA, assuming a face-to-face transaction is made (through a FFL of course) there is NO limitation of one gun per thirty-days. Correct? A person could conceivably purchase as many guns as they wanted at one time?

    2) I have a handgun that is fifteen-twenty years old. I think I may have been the one who bought it, but it's possible my Dad carried out the transaction. I don't entirely remember, nor does he. It's just been too long. The question being, if I want to sell that handgun, are there any legal issues or requirements of proof of ownership? How does that work? I've never actually sold a gun before.

    Thanks so much.
    1) Correct. At one instant, or every day. Unless you live in the city of Los Angeles, that has its own 1-in-30 that DOES apply to PPT.

    2) No problem; PPT guns are checked against stolen, not ownership; lots of handguns are legally owned but not known to the state.
    ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

    Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

    Comment

    • #3
      oliveview
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 37

      Great. Thanks so much for the specific information.

      In regards to the LA-specific 30-day rule. I live in LA county, but NOT in the city. Is it literally only LA city residents whom are affected by that supplemental restriction? I know you said "city" but I just wanted to be totally clear, myself.

      Thank you.

      Comment

      • #4
        Librarian
        Admin and Poltergeist
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 44690

        City only.
        ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

        Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

        Comment

        • #5
          libertyordeath
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1533

          My question to #2

          Say a buddy owes me money and is giving me his hand gun to try out so I have gun in my possession and I decide to take it but to resell do I have to put in my name first or can I sell it like that.

          If my question makes some sense.

          Comment

          • #6
            oliveview
            Junior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 37

            Fabulous. Thank you, Librarian.

            Comment

            • #7
              Librarian
              Admin and Poltergeist
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 44690

              Originally posted by libertyordeath
              My question to #2

              Say a buddy owes me money and is giving me his hand gun to try out so I have gun in my possession and I decide to take it but to resell do I have to put in my name first or can I sell it like that.

              If my question makes some sense.
              In order for you to re-sell it, first he must properly transfer it to you at an FFL, do the fee and 10-day wait thing.

              Then, you can sell it to someone else.

              See the wiki -- http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Pr...Party_Transfer
              ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

              Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

              Comment

              • #8
                libertyordeath
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1533

                Thanks I asked because of your answer in #2 I just wanted to clarify.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1