Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My first 1911 SA Loaded Target SS!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ofna
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 56

    My first 1911 SA Loaded Target SS!!

    Here it is, I just picked her up on the 1st and still have not taken it to the range. As for mods I want to change out the 2 piece guide rod with the Wilson combat one piece with buffer and springs, I need you guys is input on guide rods since I'm new to the 1911 but not firearms in general. What guide rods are you guys using or recommended and which one would be better as for price is not an issue?





  • #2
    Abel 138
    Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 138

    i love SA they look super trick right out of the box nice buy

    Comment

    • #3
      Futurecollector
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2008
      • 11562

      That gun is pure sex, what was your otd price! I soo need one,

      Sorry to thread jack lol
      None of my posts are serious or real, nothing I post is legal advice.

      Originally posted by SanDiego619
      I am a complete idiot

      Comment

      • #4
        AeroEngi
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 2887

        Originally posted by Ofna
        Here it is, I just picked her up on the 1st and still have not taken it to the range. As for mods I want to change out the 2 piece guide rod with the Wilson combat one piece with buffer and springs, I need you guys is input on guide rods since I'm new to the 1911 but not firearms in general. What guide rods are you guys using or recommended and which one would be better as for price is not an issue?





        I have the EGW GI guide rod with the Ed Brown GI guide rod plug. I don't think the buffer is necessary and why do you need new springs if the gun is brand new? The one-piece full length guide rod is nice but i still prefer the GI guide rod. Congrats btw...you're gonna love your new 1911!!!

        Comment

        • #5
          Ofna
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 56

          Originally posted by Futurecollector
          That gun is pure sex, what was your otd price! I soo need one,

          Sorry to thread jack lol
          My OTD price was $1150, hopefully that's not a lot being in California...lol

          Comment

          • #6
            Ofna
            Junior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 56

            Originally posted by AeroEngi
            I have the EGW GI guide rod with the Ed Brown GI guide rod plug. I don't think the buffer is necessary and why do you need new springs if the gun is brand new? The one-piece full length guide rod is nice but i still prefer the GI guide rod. Congrats btw...you're gonna love your new 1911!!!
            I found a deal for a Wilson Combat one piece full guide rod, buffer, spring and guide rod plug for $50. My original plan was to get just the guide rod and guide rod plug. Maybe I should look into the GI guide rod, thanks for your input, it gives me other options to look at.

            Comment

            • #7
              capturedlive
              Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 231

              I bought my SA Loaded Champion 1911 secondhand for $600 at Oak Tree. Aside of what feels like a 6-lb. trigger, I love it more than sex and pizza.
              "I'm your huckleberry..."

              Comment

              • #8
                JaeOne3345
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 949

                Originally posted by AeroEngi
                why do you need new springs if the gun is brand new?
                Changing the recoil and main springs has a large effect on how the gun cycles and its perceived recoil.

                To the OP:

                That would be a perfect Single Stack USPSA gun. Find a chapter near you and really start shootin'!!!

                Comment

                • #9
                  lwlaml
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 675

                  I hope this is enthusiastic hyperbole, because rarely is anything better than sex AND pizza.



                  Originally posted by capturedlive
                  I love it more than sex and pizza.
                  Lester W. Lam

                  Pistols and rifles and shotguns, oh my!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    AeroEngi
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • 2887

                    Originally posted by JaeOne3345
                    Changing the recoil and main springs has a large effect on how the gun cycles and its perceived recoil.

                    To the OP:

                    That would be a perfect Single Stack USPSA gun. Find a chapter near you and really start shootin'!!!
                    Are you talking about replacing the springs with lighter or heavier ones or just replacing them to factory specs? If it's the latter, then I don't think it's necessary at the moment because the gun is new which makes me believe that the springs are new as well. But, if the OP wants, he can still get that package deal he found (with the springs) and keep the springs as like a backup or a replacement further down the road.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Futurecollector
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 11562

                      Originally posted by lwlaml
                      I hope this is enthusiastic hyperbole, because rarely is anything better than sex AND pizza.

                      nothing beats a BJ WHILE eating a Burger

                      OP, $1150 is a damn good price.

                      I have been on my FFL's waiting list for about 4 months every time they come in stock at the distributors they sell out.
                      None of my posts are serious or real, nothing I post is legal advice.

                      Originally posted by SanDiego619
                      I am a complete idiot

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hyperion.excal
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 1334

                        Originally posted by Ofna
                        My OTD price was $1150, hopefully that's not a lot being in California...lol
                        very nice gun and for 1150 OTD its a very good deal i usually see them around 1350

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          BoJackUSMC
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 7091

                          Wow, beautiful gun you got there

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Martin_B
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 92

                            I'd run a GI guide rod/plug setup. I've been using 17lb springs with good results. I believe anything from 16-18 is good to go. Very nice piece by the way!
                            Last edited by Martin_B; 02-07-2012, 8:18 PM.
                            sigpic

                            AKA "Angry Bunny"

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MA2
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1129

                              Excellent choice, because I have the same circa year 2007.
                              Great 1911, grips are slightly aggressive for long range sessions.

                              If you need to mod, go flat trigger

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1