Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Walther PPQ...any good?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Quickdraw Mcgraw
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 711

    Walther PPQ...any good?

    Its been getting some really good reviews anyone know if there gonna add this to the CAapproved roster or if I gotta single shot one?

    I'm in the Bayarea.
  • #2
    CJJohn
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 1216

    I L O V E mine. I did the SSE from Table RockArms in Oregon. In fact I love it so much I took my G 23 off my CCW and put the Walther on. Now that my flame suit is on here goes; The Glock simply does not compare to the Walther IMHO. I got the 9mm. It is a duty weapon so it cna be tough to conceal, but it's light, the profile is great and the trigger is flippin awesome. nutnfncy does a good review, as does Hickock45. The only real complaint I have is magazines. Ten rounders can be a little hard to find, and they are expensive. I have some 15 round "re-build kits" that came with the gun that I took the follower out of to put in the Pro Mags and they work just fine.
    In fact my wife (who I already signed over my CZ 40 compact to) wants the Walther if she gets her CCW.

    Comment

    • #3
      EODWRX
      Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 109

      I love this gun. I'm gonna go see about getting one. If the store has one I'll post pics later.
      Continuity is not important as long as everything is touching!

      Comment

      • #4
        goldengate
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 304

        You can't go wrong with the PPQ. I love mine. I blocked 1 magazine and left the other as part kit. I recently ordered a Promags 10 rounds for P99 on Gunbroker. Going to swap out the follower and spring with the factory part kit once it get here.

        Comment

        • #5
          Sturnovik
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 2937

          I'm hearing good things about them. Nutnfancy did a review on them, apparently he ran it hard (although I hardly call him a great reviewer but nonetheless), it seems to be very good.

          I'd love one but eh, other ventures at the moment. Its interesting that Walther got a hold of the ability to do tennifer and not melonite like others. Glocks the only other brand I can think of that does tennifer on everything. Gotta love it.

          Comment

          • #6
            osxgp
            Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 435

            I pick mine up on 2-7-12 from it's 10 day slumber. I got my Walther PPQ in .40 S&W from Table Rock Arms. Can't really say how good it is until I try it out, but it felt great in my hands.

            Comment

            • #7
              Scorpiusdeus
              Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 332

              Any updates? I'm very interested in this gun. I have a P99A/S and I love it, but I'm fascinated by the PPQ and I live close to EBR.

              Comment

              • #8
                DrMoebius
                Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 196

                I'd also like to hear some impressions. This has moved to the top of my list above XDm for right now

                Comment

                • #9
                  EBR Works
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 10492

                  For what it's worth, my wife wanted a 9mm PPQ, so we transferred one to her from our inventory via SSE. She has very small hands and with the small back strap installed, it is almost as comfortable as her Walther P22. We did a class with one of our clients that is a trainer. We had various scenarios that an FFL would face like drawing from a holster while sitting at a desk, front door and hostage situations. My wife had never done rapid fire with a handgun and had never had any formal training. She was consistently on center mass on multiple targets immediately with lots of one ragged hole multiple hits. After about an hour she performed complete center mass mag dumps and head shots like a pro.

                  I put some rounds through it as well and I think I like it better than my Glocks, unfortunately. Just a fantastic gun IMO.
                  Last edited by EBR Works; 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM.


                  Check out our e-commerce site here:

                  www.ebrworks.com

                  Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    0351USMC
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 2262

                    XDm vs PPQ
                    Im debating which one to buy

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tacgunner530
                      Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 341

                      i don't own one yet, but from the TONS of research i've been doing, it looks to me to be quite the stellar handgun, this coming from a glock guy. the only issues i've seen have been availability of the PPQ and the cost of mags. i'm on the wait list for a sse through Table Rock Arms, looks like it's going to be a couple of months. but i'm willing to wait!
                      TacGunner530
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dwightlooi
                        Member
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 460

                        I only shot a PPQ once and only with the 9mm version. I find the pistol to be accurate but the trigger is still too heavy (feels about 8 lbs regardless of what they claim) and has too long a pull for my likings. But then again, Every single gun (pistol or rifle) I have owned and shot regularly have 1.5~4 pound triggers (HK P7M8, Baer 1911, Hamerli Trailside, Beneli MP95, AR15 w/ McCommick trigger, Weatherby Vanguard with a Timney, 10/22 with a Clark trigger) -- so it may not feel too bad for someone used to DA/SA or DOA triggers.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          squiddo
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 1238

                          Same question I've been pondering.....too XDM or PPQ

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jdogg2000
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 787

                            There is a thread on the Sig forum for all of the people jumping on the PPQ bandwagon! Even they find very little to complain about the PPQ. I'm going to go for Distinguished Graduate with the PPQ the next time I go to Front Sight... I almost got it with my Glock 26, so I'm feeling pretty confident about my chances with the PPQ.

                            Special thanks to EBR Works... after experience with many different FFLs over the years, I now try to deal with EBR exclusively. Lucky for me, i'm only 20 minutes away
                            Last edited by jdogg2000; 03-31-2012, 1:22 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              awl168
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 659

                              +1 for the Walther PPQ. I've shot a buddies' and it's by far the best trigger on a polymer handgun I've ever tried.

                              It's better than the AS trigger on a Walther P99 and slightly better than a HK LEM trigger. I truly feel that only a fine tuned 1911 trigger beats it. The PPQ was also extremely accurate.

                              As for whether it'll be on the CA roster, that's probably a question best left for Walther America (aka S&W).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1