Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FNH FNS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MA2
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1129

    FNH FNS

    I like what I see so far, looks to be a great out of the box gun.
    Too bad, more than likely a blind buy (no range rentals) for us Cal folks.

    MSRP $699 :-|









  • #2
    Javi
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 4540

    Thanks for the vids. I forgot all about the FNS. I wanted to correct you "It's FNP!"

    Hope the magazine release isn't as recessed as the FNP.

    P.S. I'm 3 for 3 on blind buys haha
    Originally posted by d4v0s
    My girlfriend and i used froglube last night in a pinch and it works great.
    R.I.P. Thomas C.

    Comment

    • #3
      RollingCode3
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3221

      I heard a few good things about the FNS. A friend told me they have deal for LEOs for $400 with standard sight. I guess they try to compete with Glock. Street price on the FNS should be around 550-575 with 3 mags and night sights.
      Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

      Comment

      • #4
        Sturnovik
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 2937

        If they'd ditch the safety and it was CA DOJ roster approved I may contemplate one for a range gun, otherwise eh, I'd almost prefer the DA/SA models they have. But it nice they give you like 3 mags and its a decent quality pistol from the sound of it.

        Comment

        • #5
          0331Marine
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 597

          The safety on the FNS is the same as the FNX(see picture). No where near the FNP style. I'm picking up a FNS at the end of April

          Comment

          • #6
            Sturnovik
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2937

            I know it does, I like the decocker model, and was referring go the fnp9 since the fnx isn't even on the roster.

            Comment

            • #7
              zfields
              CGN Contributor
              • Aug 2010
              • 13658

              Is it just me, or does it really remind anyone else of a sig.
              Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

              10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

              Comment

              • #8
                Mr310
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2011
                • 5692

                Originally posted by zfields
                Is it just me, or does it really remind anyone else of a sig.
                From the profile, absolutely.
                WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

                Comment

                • #9
                  echang86
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 652

                  What's the word or rumors on a FNS chambered .45 for civilians? Hopefully, it'll come soon.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    famas619
                    Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 463

                    On the first video, looks like he forgot to take off the safety and tried to fire. Thats why i dont like the manual safety. Looks like an FNP/FNX striker fired.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      cwin
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 1438

                      Originally posted by zfields
                      Is it just me, or does it really remind anyone else of a sig.
                      Definitely displays some Sig like qualities.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        HCz
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 3295

                        It is a sweet gun. As many people reported, trigger is really nice and I might consider getting one. One drawback is that the safety is a bit small for my taste. I don't know if FNH thought the safety was inconsequential or not, but I'd have preferred bigger size.

                        Did I mention that trigger is sweet?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          banzaijohn
                          Junior Member
                          • Sep 2003
                          • 51

                          I picked mine up today. The trigger is what the M&P should have been. Nice positive reset and feels like a Glock with a 3.5lb connector, only with a shorter reset. Nice U-notch rear sight, fully ambidextrous and great ergonomics.

                          The 9mm FNS is not interchangeable with the FNX magazines; the 40 S&W FNX and FNS mags are interchangeable. I would have preferred no thumb safety, but it is unobtrusive and if you choose not to use it and it is not subject to inadvertent use. FNH said that a FNS 45 is in the works

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ChrisO
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 4678

                            Ok guys whats the difference between the FNP,FNX,FNS?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              HCz
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 3295

                              Originally posted by ChrisO
                              Ok guys whats the difference between the FNP,FNX,FNS?
                              roughly,
                              FNP=polymer framed pistol from FN from several years ago
                              FNX=improved version of FNP
                              FNS=striker fired version of FN's previous two.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1