Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger P345 any thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • anonymous4481
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 36

    Ruger P345 any thoughts?

    Looking for a accurate affordable range 45. Anyone own this pistol? I shot the 9mm 95 model had a decent trigger set up, fired just about everything i fed it. On the fence on saving cash and getting this Ruger or spending the extra cash and getting the Bretta PX4 Storm.
  • #2
    robcoe
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 8685

    the P345s are good guns, like most rugers they are not the prettyist guns, but they work and are decently accurate.

    If you have the money I would buy the PX4 or an RIA 1911. I would also suggest renting and trying them first to decide which one you like shooting most, at $0.25 to $0.50 a round the ammo for .45ACP will end up being a much bigger cost than the price difference between these guns.
    Last edited by robcoe; 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM.
    Yes, I am an electrical engineer.
    No, I will not fix your computer.

    Comment

    • #3
      CS49er
      Junior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 83

      Originally posted by anonymous4481
      Looking for a accurate affordable range 45. Anyone own this pistol? I shot the 9mm 95 model had a decent trigger set up, fired just about everything i fed it. On the fence on saving cash and getting this Ruger or spending the extra cash and getting the Bretta PX4 Storm.
      Had one, wish I didn't sell it, just like above, very reliable, skinny(single stack) and light for a 45, enough so I take out hiking. Only thing I didn't like was the DA, man that is one Long pull, but it is one more safety if you like that(I did). SA is short and crisp. Ate all the ammo I gave it including tula and +p, again great pistol.

      Comment

      • #4
        Danhood
        Member
        • May 2006
        • 256

        I have one. Great gun if you like DA/SA I'm not a big fan of those but that is personal preference. They feed anything you give them and are not too heavy. They are a good CCW gun because the smallish size and light weight with the long 1st shot pull.

        Sometimes you can find used ones in great shape for $350-ish.

        If your in the Sacramento area You can meet me at a range and try mine some time if you like.
        If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1