Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Beretta 92 Trigger Work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • choprzrul
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 6551

    Beretta 92 Trigger Work?

    I've got a Beretta 92fs that I have started shooting IDPA and USPSA with. During the USPSA classifier stage, I found myself either outrunning the trigger or not going far enough forward to reset. Either way, it cost me valuable time on the classifier and I want to fix it.

    I've already got the lighter hammer spring in it and the trigger spring conversion kit. The pull isn't bad now, but the over travel is extreme and it takes forever to reach trigger reset.

    Sear?
    Disconnector?
    Hammer?
    Trigger?
    Springs?

    What do I need? I know that it will never be a 1911 trigger, but I am hoping that someone can offer some advice. As many 92's as there are out there, I can't believe someone hasn't came up with a way to fix the trigger.

    .
  • #2
    bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    I'd try posting this in the Gunsmithing Forum.
    I had a 92sf & loved everything about it but the trigger. I like a DA Wheelgun & a SA Semi-Auto.

    Good Luck
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.

    Comment

    • #3
      choprzrul
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2009
      • 6551

      Bump

      Comment

      • #4
        Sturnovik
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 2937

        Good gun, used to have a 90 series myself. You saying its only the over travel that's bugging you or the reset to?

        Comment

        • #5
          choprzrul
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 6551

          Both really. Once the sear breaks, there isn't any good reason for a trigger to continue travelling rearwards IMHO. It only increases the amount of travel nessesary for reset. It has a ton of reset travel already, that in turn requires a bunch of take-up before the final trigger press. It might all seem trivial on the surface, and it never bother me before last weekend's USPSA match. The qualifier stage had 2 strings of the same exercise: Draw, shoot one target 5 times, mandatory mag change, and then shoot the second target 5 times. First string I shot in ~4.5 seconds. Second string took ~6seconds. I tried speeding up my shooting on the second one and was squeezing the trigger before it was ready for reset I think.

          At the range this morning, I shot 80 rnds through my wife's S&W 6904. The whole gun had been professionally worked before we bought it. I swear, that trigger is as close to a 1911 as is possible. Not just saying that either as I was also shooting my son's 1911 today.

          I just wish that there was some way to get a bunch of that extra travel out of the Beretta.

          .

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1