Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

HELP:M&P 45 Mag Spring!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • P220
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 639

    HELP:M&P 45 Mag Spring!!

    7 Jan 2012, I bought a brand new M&P45 come with 2 Magazines, last week
    I send an email to S&W(qa@smith-wesson.com), told them I found all two mags did not lock the slide back,maybe because the weak spring. No response up to now.
    Today, after 100rd range time, guess what, I find the mag spring already like this:


    This is my home defense weapon, Anyone knows email address of S&W's customer service?

    Last edited by P220; 06-13-2012, 4:14 PM.
  • #2
    ArmyMedicMoose
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 1297

    Call them, When my 57 timing was off they took great care of me.

    By Email: qa@smith-wesson.com

    By Telephone:
    1-800-331-0852 (USA)
    Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time
    NRA member
    S&W M&P Armorer
    Glock Armorer
    CPR instructor
    EMT-P

    Comment

    • #3
      G60
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 3989

      Call.
      "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

      Comment

      • #4
        code33
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2004
        • 971

        You have the right email address for S&W. I've used it several times. They don't respond immediately but have always responded; sometimes several days later.

        If you want immediate assistance, call with the telephone.
        Disclaimer:
        I am not a lawyer. Nothing in my posts should be considered legal advice.

        Got ORI?

        Front Sight Diamond Member

        Comment

        • #5
          P220
          Senior Member
          • May 2011
          • 639

          Originally posted by code33
          You have the right email address for S&W. I've used it several times. They don't respond immediately but have always responded; sometimes several days later.

          If you want immediate assistance, call with the telephone.

          Thank you guys! I only speak a little English so I prefer email contact. Anyway, I will try to call them Monday.
          My M&P45 comes with 2 mags with purple springs, now one is bent, another one is tilted. Any one has same issue?
          I bought a 3rd mag from Midwayusa (with green spring), works just fine.




          Last edited by P220; 06-13-2012, 4:14 PM.

          Comment

          • #6
            code33
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2004
            • 971

            What they will do mail or email you a UPS label for you to return the mags, then they will send you a new pair.
            Disclaimer:
            I am not a lawyer. Nothing in my posts should be considered legal advice.

            Got ORI?

            Front Sight Diamond Member

            Comment

            • #7
              Sam
              Calguns Addict
              CGN Contributor
              • Jul 2008
              • 5205

              You should really have more than 3 mags. Look at them as disposable parts and buy some backups until S&W gets you some new springs.

              Comment

              • #8
                LBDamned
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2011
                • 19040

                Originally posted by P220
                Thank you guys! I only speak a little English so I prefer email contact. Anyway, I will try to call them Monday.
                My M&P45 comes with 2 mags with purple springs, now one is bent, another one is tilted. Any one has same issue?
                I bought a 3rd mag from Midwayusa (with green spring), works just fine.
                [ATTACH]131486[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH]131488[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH]131489[/ATTACH]
                your written English is exceptional for someone who speaks little English - Kudos!


                I have three factory mags with no issues... I dont recall reading about a common problem with mag springs... I've never had to use S&W customer service, but there are many reports that they are very accommodating - I'm sure they will take care of it.
                "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                Comment

                • #9
                  P220
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 639

                  Originally posted by LBDamned
                  your written English is exceptional for someone who speaks little English - Kudos!


                  I have three factory mags with no issues... I dont recall reading about a common problem with mag springs... I've never had to use S&W customer service, but there are many reports that they are very accommodating - I'm sure they will take care of it.
                  Thank you for your kind suggestion.
                  I always use google Translate

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1