Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best kimber for ccw

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Deadon
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2010
    • 9975

    Best kimber for ccw

    I love my raptor 2 but I think it's too big in the summer to carry. So I'm looking for a mid size. I have big hands so I don't want it too small. Thoughts
    Lions not sheep.
  • #2
    glockman19
    Banned
    • Jun 2007
    • 10486

    There is always the Ultra & Pro Kimber Raptor II's

    Comment

    • #3
      G60
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 3989

      Buy good AIWB holster.
      Carry your fullsize all year long.
      Profit.
      Last edited by G60; 01-19-2012, 1:17 PM.
      "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

      Comment

      • #4
        rdmax
        Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 286

        I used to carry a Kimber Pro CDP with a 4" bull barrel and an alloy frame using a Milt Sparks IWB holster in Florida. The shorter barrel made sitting in a car more comfortable and the light weight frame did make a difference when carrying in hot, humid weather.

        Comment

        • #5
          someR1
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 2932

          Originally posted by Deadon
          I love my raptor 2 but I think it's too big in the summer to carry. So I'm looking for a mid size. I have big hands so I don't want it too small. Thoughts
          its really up to u lol i wouldnt want a big 1911 for ccw but thats just me
          "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
          - George Mason

          Comment

          • #6
            Deadon
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2010
            • 9975

            I dont want a big 1911 for carry but I do want a small one. Ive found for my 1911 are the chit. Ive owned a bunch of guns and NONE shoot like my 1911's. Oh that trigger!
            Lions not sheep.

            Comment

            • #7
              Write Winger
              Banned
              • Oct 2009
              • 6136

              I've been looking at the Super Carry Pro HD. If the extra weight due to the steel frame is an issue, you could always go with the non-HD (otherwise known as the normal version).

              Comment

              • #8
                DULLYJAY
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1022

                It's all about the holster you use. I carry a Ultra Carry II 3'' & a 5" Les Bear in same holster. The 5'' is ruffer when sitting a long time.
                "Betta get yours, cuzz I got mine!" 2Pac
                + 1000 post CGN V1.0 Alumni

                Comment

                • #9
                  FIREBALL_BRIAN
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 2379

                  i purchased a pair of kimber 3" CDP II but in all reality one is enough and i love it. but i will part with the other if you are interested shoot me a pm. its brand new in the box still
                  Short Action Precision ! USA !

                  https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
                  You/I get $20

                  https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
                  Active Junky Referral you get $10

                  WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
                  https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    stormvet
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 12681

                    Deadon, the day we met when I picked up your G-35. I was wearing my Kimber CDP-PRO in a M. Rossen IWB holster. I have carried that gun for 11 years now, put many thousands of rounds though it and swear by it.
                    Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      skyscraper
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 5198

                      Only men can carry a full size 1911.


                      Just joshin with ya. But really a full size ain't bad even in summer. Good luck with the search, I'd rather carry a 5" barrel and deal with the size than a 3" barrel accuracy

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        stormvet
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 12681

                        He's looking for the mid size Kimber, the PRO series full-size frame and 4" barrel, really is the best of both worlds. The only real problem with caring a 5" 1911 is if you set or drive a great deal other wise they are no problem at all. Dont be too quick to label the 3" 1911s as inaccurate. I own all three sizes in combat distances you give up very little in accuracy with the three inch.
                        Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Heiko
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 1025

                          Some 1911 guys will dissuade you from a 3" 1911 citing reduced reliability with less than 4" versions. I love my Springfield Loaded Lightweight Champion (4") and carry it regularly in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. The shorter length is more comfortable when seated and the alloy frame is 6 ounces lighter than the steel version. That's quite a difference when you're wearing it all day.

                          I had looked at the Kimber Pro Carry II and liked it but found a better deal on my Springfield. The Pro Carry II is the same idea at 4" and aluminum frame.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            wuhungsix
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 813

                            Kimber's custom shop made the RCPII strictly for concealed carry. Designed to be snag free, it doesn't even have sights other that a groove down the length of the slide.

                            Is it "Best' Kimber for CCW? I don't know never carried it.


                            Comment

                            • #15
                              FIREBALL_BRIAN
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 2379

                              The 3" doesn't have any problems with reliability. Another pistol to look at is the Springfield EMP. I know you said kimber but the little 9emp is great. The 40 is really heavy prob more than the kimber 45
                              Short Action Precision ! USA !

                              https://g.co/fi/r/UC7661 Project Fi referral.
                              You/I get $20

                              https://www.activejunky.com/invite/167810
                              Active Junky Referral you get $10

                              WTS Springfield EMP & TRP
                              https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post22678428

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1