Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FINALLY SHE'S HOME!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sac-AR15
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 881

    FINALLY SHE'S HOME!!!

    Well after waiting 25 days before I can DROs her and then another 10days after that, she's finally home. My new SA TRP Operator full rail. Picked it up last night. I am very happy with this gun. This is also my first 1911. Couldn't be any happier with my choice. First thing I did was swap out the grips. Didn't like the sandpaper grips. I'll be able to take it to the range tomorrow so we'll see what happens. Next in line is my SA Range Officer that I have to wait before I can start the paperwork on that one. You guys are right. This 1911 thing is addicting.

    Last edited by Sac-AR15; 12-10-2011, 7:47 AM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    h0use
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2009
    • 5783

    Very nice!!

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      Holy Crap! nice weapon, too bad they only have the Full rails in CA

      Comment

      • #4
        Dan-0-
        Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 340

        LOL! For your first one you set the bar pretty high!
        Congrats on a Sick 1911!

        Comment

        • #5
          Sac-AR15
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 881

          Thank you. I had to do it. Been hearing about how hard it is to get a hold of one and my local shop had a brand new one in the back. And I've always enjoyed shooting SA handguns. I've owned a few. I just didn't want to miss the opportunity to own one of these.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            al8550
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 934

            You're gonna love it!!!
            "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

            -Emiliano Zapata

            Comment

            • #7
              skyscraper
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2011
              • 5198

              Sweet! I just got mine this past week also. I seem to be one of the few that prefer the sand paper grips.

              Comment

              • #8
                sirgiles
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 2311

                they come in batches. market can be swamped one quarter then scarse for the rest of the year. you just need to keep an eye out and not be tempted to buy from individuals who do price gouging.
                "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                Bruce Lee

                Comment

                • #9
                  jonzer77
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 8525

                  Originally posted by markdoddridge
                  Holy Crap! nice weapon, too bad they only have the Full rails in CA
                  My local gun store has a new trp half rail for $1147 with a big LE ONLY tag on it and they don't do SSE.
                  Originally posted by barrage
                  That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    den888
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10520

                    Nice!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JTROKS
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 13093

                      She looks great. Beware she may want stable mates.
                      The wise man said just find your place
                      In the eye of the storm
                      Seek the roses along the way
                      Just beware of the thorns...
                      K. Meine

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        SantaCabinetguy
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 15142

                        Now that’s a great first purchase...
                        Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                        -------

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          steelholder
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2010
                          • 3328

                          i dont really like 1911's but thats a nice one.
                          WTB 3rd Gen SW also looking for a 22 pistol with 6" bbl or longer

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bsg
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 25954

                            congratulations. it's a beauty.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gibt
                              Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 174

                              Wow. Very nice. Looking forward to your range report.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1